Tips for a sluggish metabolism

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that all the lovely soft summer fruits have arrived, I can legitimately indulge myself AND enoy it, washed down with a muller light cappuccino yogurt, my current new favourite. I would still rather have a mega calorific creamy chocolate confection or similar, but this isn't too bad a substitute and I can feel vaguely virtuous until the next time! :)

Last edited:
I totally agree that you need to increase your muscle mass to increase your resting rate. How about getting one of the gym instructors involved to look at a varying program for you?

When you say you were attending gym classes, what were you doing? The best way to increase your metabolism is to lift heavy weights. The more muscle you hold, the higher your resting metabolic rate.

I exercise 6 days a week and eat more than ever! I am a size 6-8 and eat in excess of 2000 calories per day, but I eat the RIGHT foods. You can eat a lot if you know what to eat.

Andrea if you don't mind me asking how old are you? I think age must make a big difference here x

Don't know how useful this is, but a friend just posted this on FB and thought I'd share. I actually bought some raw honey today so might just give it a try.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 110
Don't know how useful this is, but a friend just posted this on FB and thought I'd share. I actually bought some raw honey today so might just give it a try.

Hiya, how did you get on with this detox drink, would like to know if it was any good :)

I've read that Chinese black tea 'Pu Erh' is best for increasing the metabolism among other benefits.... Apparently it's what all the celebs are drinking to help weight loss. Best to drink the loose leaf variety. I got some from my local tea merchants and it's not bad at all (a bit gun-powdery) and nicer warm than hot!

Latest posts

Back