Tips for fan shaped nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolatepickle

Reaction score
I hate my nails as they are all different, some normal but most fan shaped to different extents.
I often find it difficult doing my own nails as it is, then I'll think I've done ok, take a photo... only to notice they fan out at the tips.
I find I'll file them again after pics and think I've improved the look, but a couple of days later they are fanning again as they've grown :irked:
They are also quite flat too.

Does anyone have any tips for making fan shaped nails look slender and neat more easily?
Any way to prolong the look of 'normal' nails?

I dread the day I get a client with nails like mine!

I have a few clients with nails like this too. I would love an answer too!!

I hope someone answers this as I have nails like this 2 my fourth finger and little finger done smile either and nothing looks right on my nails; extensions, minx, varnish nothing!

Fan shaped nails are very tricky to make look slim .. stands to reason .. they are narrow at the eponychium and wide at the free edge.

You either keep them short (the longer you make them the worse they look ) OR you can try a sleek oval shape which disguises the fan shape more easily.

Square is a no go, even soft square just emphasises the wide free edge.

Latest posts

Back