Tips for hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutopaz

Reaction score
i have recently trained in micro ring extensions and just want to get other peoples opinions on how they find doing them. have any of u found from experience any things to watch out for or just some plain old tips for me?

i done my first client ( my sis) with a full head, shes had about 10 come out in a couple of days. she washes her hair every day which i know is not good for extensions, and she knows this but u cant tell her any different. also she has fine hair but lots of it....could it be the amount lost is normal, or is it a combination of her hair type and constant washing. shes also brushing it alot to. i realise my first application might not be good enough either and am trying to work out what if anything i need to do different.

or maybe i just have'nt taken a big enough section to extend on to perhaps?? im worrying becoz iv got someone who's asked me to do a head of extensions on her and i would like to do this method but its fine, short bobbed hair and im worried it will not support the weight of the extension which may either result in breakage of the extended on hair or the extension slipping out as there is no heat or glue.

sorry for rambling, im a constant worrier with things, i like to be good at what i do, like i say any advice how ever irrelevant u see it would be much appreciated! :)

Your doing just fine, I wouldn't worry too much. I think with hair extensions it takes time to practise, even clip in hair extensions take some time to get used to. I remember I bought my first clip in hair extensions from HeadKandy and I thought..wow I am rubbish at this and I am meant to be a pro. Just because you may be good with one aspect of hair extensions it may not mean you are gonna instantly be good at another type. Just relax, take your time and do loads of practice and you will be great at it xx

Last edited by a moderator:
hiya
i do micro rings and had the same thing happen with my 1st one. practise helps but with the micro rings they are held on with grip so when they lose there natural hairs it loosens the grip of the micro ring a bit. Ive done about 8 full heads of micro rings and my own so still a newbie at it.
definately the correct aftercare is essential. after a few weeks of the ones ive been doing they start to lose a couple.
basically im completely honest and explain in the consultation that a few are going to come out due to natural hair loss, as in a full head they have roughly 200 strands of extensions in it is hardly noticeable when they do come out. an just say to them any that come out keep hold of them and i will come out to re fit them theres nothing to worry about. and i just say to them try to reduce washing them to 3 times a week and use dry shampoo on the routes and always support them when brushing.
Ive put a thread on this forum asking if there is any tips for keeping them in longer as i was never told in training that they would come out, i done research on the internet

you could try the micro rings with a silicone lining.

Latest posts

Back