Tips for self teaching lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dominiqued

Reaction score
Hello,

I graduate a year ago from beauty school. I've been really struggling to find my nitch. I've styled, cut, and colored hair. Even considered selling hair extensions. I just personally feel in Michigan everyone's doing that right now. So I think by getting a jump start on these lash extensions will be very beneficial for me.

Any tips on how to get started by self teaching. I'm trying to build a lash kit what supplies would be suggested for just starting out. Best glues? Lash curls & thickness. I've really need help with the lash curls and determining which would be best for my clients. I know it's the natural set, glam set, and lavish set. (You might have your own interpretation of the sets but I mean you get the point) but how do I achieve the different sets.

I've been watching these YouTube videos for the time being to help "train" me since I can't afford the proper training. No disrespect to anyone that does this as their profession. Prices for me just starting out.

You really shouldn't be self teaching lashes , have you any idea of the damage that can be caused by wrongly applied lashes ? Get proper certified training and insurance and do not carry out this treatment on clients until you have :eek: it took me along time to be fully competent at lashes and that was after a proper certified course with one to one tutoring !

Agreed. You wouldn't want your lashes done by someone who learnt off YouTube, so don't put other people in that position.

I think when you said " I've been watching YouTube videos / I can't afford proper training "' is going to get lash techs back up !

If you can't afford proper training then do not even consider offering this treatment

This industry is already saturated with " wannabe " lash techs that's have not been properly trained

Every day I struggle to try to undo the bad press our lash industry has because of techs just like this

I'm afraid you will not get very far on this forum with the post that you have posted
Save some money / invest in good training and then start asking questions is my best advice I can give here !!!

As has already been said, you can't self teach. I personally had enough trouble applying cluster lashes, with guidance from my tutor, during my beauty training at college. I've not trained any further in lashes and as a result I haven't ever offered even so much as temporary party lashes since completing the course. If you are working either employed or freelance and are serious about offering lashes please save up and go on a proper training course. This is people's EYES we are talking about, watch as many videos as you like but you can't attempt lashes without training sorry if this sounds harsh. Client safety is paramount.

Latest posts

Back