Tips for tip blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

Fairly new to the nail enhancement side of beauty and need some useful tips and tricks when blending a nail tip to the natural nail, this is probably easy for most but its the one thing im struggling with :mad: im very good and confident in the rest of the gel process but can never get the blending quite right i either blend it too much or not enough (so frustrating lol) any advice would be VERY much appreciated

Also...i do the blending manually and use 180 grit, i don't like the electric filers

Thanks xx

Hi
Do you pre blend the tip before you adhere it to the nail plate?

That helps a lot and saves time!:lol:

i will now :lol:
just file along the well area

yes, file over the well area, then smove with a buffer. sometimes I take most of the well area out .
You can sit there in front of the TV whilst doing so! pre blend the lot !!:lol:

thanks will def try that one :D , what is tip blender like??

Hi
Have you got "nail class" by Gigi Rouse book ...... Great part on blending it helped me and it will be by my side for ever :biggrin:

Steph x

Hi
Have you got "nail class" by Gigi Rouse book ...... Great part on blending it helped me and it will be by my side for ever :biggrin:

Steph x

Next best published book after the bible - a defo must for all nail technicians:lol:

Yep, I agree, get Nail Class and read read read:)

It will be by your side for life I promise you.

My tip for tip blending is to do it in sections, visually cut it into sections and start in one section and work across in your sections but only doing a few strokes in each area at a time to avoid friction build up, go back and repeat as you need to and keep your file flat on the tip and file away from the natural nail at all times.

I will also second the vote to NOT use a tip blender.
Why?
Because these products are usually acetone based as acetone breaks down the plastic to make it blend easier, this then is on the nail and contaminates your nail and will cause product breakdown because we all know, acetone and acrylic/gels etc do not mix well with acetone:)

Because these products are usually acetone based as acetone breaks down the plastic to make it blend easier, this then is on the nail and contaminates your nail and will cause product breakdown because we all know, acetone and acrylic/gels etc do not mix well with acetone:)

Thanks for explaining, Wooshka :)

Latest posts

Back