tips look like they are taking off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bathbunny

Reaction score
Hi i'm new to this and practising my nail tips. Whenever i put a tip on my own nails they look like they are taking off! not sure what i'm doing wrong ,any advice would be appreciated thanks :rolleyes:

make sure when you apply the tip is at a 45 degree angle..think plane coming into land (not taking off:lol:)..keep it at that angle until you feel the stop point lock onto your free edge then gently press down...but just enough..if you are too forceful then you will end up with a nice ski jump nail.
Maybe your nails are a natural ski jump also..makes it more difficult when learning..cut away most of the well, pre blend and just focus on that stop point and free edge clicking into place..so long as that is nicely locked in the tip will be secure..without feeling the need to force it on in a unatural placement.

thankyou it was the angle i was putting the tip on the nail. It looks so much better. i think i was putting it up at the end too much to allow it to glue properly. as u can pobably tell i am v new to this :)

they may be taking off, if you have ski-jump nails this look just happens, you can angle them down, but eventually the natural way your nails grow will come through, unless of course you build them up in the middle to compensate.

i agree with both replies here.you must remember the 45 degree angle thing,but if you do have ski jump nails then you can use whatever product you are using to build the gap up before applying the tip.try and make sure you put even pressure when applying the tip.good luck:)

you can use whatever product you are using to build the gap up before applying the tip.

does this mean you need to build the gap up with the product you are overlaying with ie gel. Or is there a seperate product for this? :)

does this mean you need to build the gap up with the product you are overlaying with ie gel. Or is there a seperate product for this? :)
Same product hun

sorry i should of explained myself better.yes whatever product you are using i.e acrylic/gel etc... you can use it to build up the dip you have in ski jump nails before you apply the tip.just make sure you dont apply to much so keep looking at it from all angles and apply abit at a time.hths:)

Cheers everyone for your advice. I now no longer have nails that take off! Am i pleased bout that,Well for the time being anyway lol! :)

Cheers everyone for your advice. I now no longer have nails that take off! Am i pleased bout that,Well for the time being anyway lol! :)

Excellent, just remeber if you have ski jumps and hide the fact by building them up, keep the length in check .... if you knock them your nail will naturally want to split "through the nailbed", it's an unfortunate fact

Latest posts

Back