Tips not sticking with Gel Bond

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmorcom

Reaction score
Hi ,

I know there are simular threads but just wanted to ask this question.

I bought some gel bond for tip application, I couldn t get it to stick no matter how I tried . Applied downward pressure for 10 secs etc . I think I tried about 10 times, on different nails before I gave up . I know it is user error but just don t know what . I ended up using a normal nail addisive which worked first time . Which is why I m so confused. Other than the setting time, is there anything about the application of gel bond that differs?

Thanks

Hi ,

I bought some gel bond for tip application, I couldn t get it to stick no matter how I tried . Applied downward pressure for 10 secs etc . I think I tried about 10 times, on different nails before I gave up . I know it is user error but just don t know what . I ended up using a normal nail addisive which worked first time . Which is why I m so confused. Other than the setting time, is there anything about the application of gel bond that differs?

Thanks
Funny I had the same problem and end up using nsi adhesive and worked . Looking to get some answer too as I'm not a pro yet x

Hi ,

Thanks

Were your clients hands cold? Did you remove the shine from the natural nail? Did you use too much or was the nail bed contaminated? I've never had a problem with the Gelbond, just other adhesives. I would try these things before you throw it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Did you apply to the Scrubfresh to the nailplate before you applied the tip? If you did, DON'T-it can affect adhesion. Scrubfresh only the natural nail plate AFTER the tip has been applied and file prepped. And try putting a small bit of gelbond on the nail (in the contact area) as well as in the well of the tip. :)

Thank you both. Actually yes I did use scrub fresh, would you not need to use any form of dehydrator/ cleanser before tip application then? Other than cuticle away and soap/water ??x

I have in the past had the same problem. They say if you use to much of gelbond it won't stick. I also recently went to a demo on Brisa lite and the girl doing demo wanted to apply tip to the model as she also had the same problem it would not stick.

I have in the past had the same problem. They say if you use to much of gelbond it won't stick. I also recently went to a demo on Brisa lite and the girl doing demo wanted to apply tip to the model as she also had the same problem it would not stick.

Yeah very annoying , hopefully the scrub fresh was the problem . It's usually user error in my case !

Latest posts

Back