Tips on applying Decals...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
I have a whole heap of Decals i bougt cheap.. mainly stars and hollow hearts.. problem is they sort of stick up a bit.. no matter how hard i push them.. they are pretty flexible but for some reason the corner of the stars are catching.. and the hearts like to stick up..
I would like them to be flush with the nail..?? anyone got any pre/post application tips for me on these fiddly little things?? Using a gel top coat seems to make my rhinestones loose there sparkle.. i think im doing it too thick??
Thanks for any help..

For applying decals over polish it is a bit tricky..the thicker the decal, the harder for it to conform to the curve of the nail. Keep an eye out for thinner decals..meanwhile a thicker topcoat may help a little eg NSI's thermoshield.
Decals over permament french are a lot easier..apply your l&p much thinner than usual, then use clear l&p to build your shape and cover the decal.
For rhinestones..i find putting anything over the top does stop the sparkle a little..maybe try a thinner coat. Do you use a tiny bit of adhesive first? Doing this will help any worry of them coming off..i use a coat of IBD intense seal after this.

For applying decals over polish it is a bit tricky..the thicker the decal, the harder for it to conform to the curve of the nail. Keep an eye out for thinner decals..meanwhile a thicker topcoat may help a little eg NSI's thermoshield.
Decals over permament french are a lot easier..apply your l&p much thinner than usual, then use clear l&p to build your shape and cover the decal.
For rhinestones..i find putting anything over the top does stop the sparkle a little..maybe try a thinner coat. Do you use a tiny bit of adhesive first? Doing this will help any worry of them coming off..i use a coat of IBD intense seal after this.

THANKS!!! I was just trying to place them over the top.. i might have a go at building them up! thanks.. again!

Latest posts

Back