Tips on how to contour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mane Goddess

Reaction score
Hi all ive got the anastacia beverley hills cream contour pallete im needing tips on how to apply this, ive got a beauty blender but it always seems patchy i dont think im applying it right! Also what concealer and highlighter is best to use for dry skin? Thankyou

You've literally got the best tools for the job! As you've mentioned you looked patchy I'd firstly like to address your skin. If you have dry skin (like me) I'd recommend exfoliating and applying a good moisturiser, (I always ensure I look after my skin with regular peels and good skincare to ensure the base is good prior to applying make up) let it absorb and then apply a primer (smash box have good ones).

My routine

Colour correction- apply a colour corrector to the areas I need it. I'm brown skinned and suffer from dark circles so I apply the Kiko corrector in orange.

Foundation- apply all over using a foundation brush. Good budget foundations to try are bourjois and body shop otherwise I like Chanel and YSL.

Contour- I highlight my under eyes (going over the corrector) in an upside down triangle, down the bridge of my nose, Cupid's bow. I then contour my forehead near my hairline, along the sides of my nose, jawline, and cheeks starting from the top of my ear working inwards. Once I've done this I then blend it all in using the Beauty blender ( you have to wet this and squeeze the excess out prior to blending).

Setting- once all blended I use the Nars translucent powder to set. Lightly dust over the face using a big fluffy powder brush.

I hope this helps. It's just trial and error, it took me a while to master. Whilst I don't do make up as a day job I do thoroughly enjoy it, I'm always doing it friends & family.

Good luck, if you want any other tips just inbox me X

Using a contour brush can help too. It is the right shape to contour . Use the contour two shades darker than your skin tone otherwise it will look fake . You can set it with a powder contour set too .

Hi all ive got the anastacia beverley hills cream contour pallete im needing tips on how to apply this, ive got a beauty blender but it always seems patchy i dont think im applying it right! Also what concealer and highlighter is best to use for dry skin? Thankyou
I have this contour pallete and don't think it that great. It is cream based so takes longer to blend . Look at the contour colour that is two shades darker than your skin tone . Don't pay too much attention to the you tubers and how they use it as they might have a different shape face to you ! Find out what shape face you have before contouring . This will help you to know how to contour the areas you need to . For me I have a heart shape, I use brown cream on my temples to make my forehead smaller and the brown cream under my cheek bone to create a shadow . Highlight on top on cheek bone in front of temples and some on my jaw too to highlight these areas . I know this is old but only just saw this x

Latest posts

Back