Tips on speeding up eyelash extension application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahLiciousB

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Ive been doing eyelash extensions for over a year now but not been doing them as regularly for a while and I seem to be getting slower in my application. I'm taking 3 hours to do a full set and I need to find a way to speed up. I'm so meticulous with my application and I literally cover every lash. The end result is always amazing and my clients are happy but I'm not utilising my time. I tend to still do a 2-3 weekly infill in 1-1.5 hours. Any suggestions welcome! X

Hey everyone!

Ive been doing eyelash extensions for over a year now but not been doing them as regularly for a while and I seem to be getting slower in my application. I'm taking 3 hours to do a full set and I need to find a way to speed up. I'm so meticulous with my application and I literally cover every lash. The end result is always amazing and my clients are happy but I'm not utilising my time. I tend to still do a 2-3 weekly infill in 1-1.5 hours. Any suggestions welcome! X

Bump

Instead of trying to cut your time why don't you just change your price too match your time if anyone asks why they changed because of the time care and attention your putting into there lashes. I personally do a 1 hour express set then a 2 hour set then a 3 and half hour set in which every single lash has a false lash applied this way clients get too choose which they want and are aware that the more expensive longer treatment are the nicest fullest ones. No one else in my area does a full set like mine so I'm happy to take the time and so are my clients xxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Instead of trying to cut your time why don't you just change your price too match your time if anyone asks why they changed because of the time care and attention your putting into there lashes. I personally do a 1 hour express set then a 2 hour set then a 3 and half hour set in which every single lash has a false lash applied this way clients get too choose which they want and are aware that the more expensive longer treatment are the nicest fullest ones. No one else in my area does a full set like mine so I'm happy to take the time and so are my clients xxx

That's such a different way to look at! Thank you! You know I get a lot of comments that my lashes are far better than others in the area and that I take a lot of care and attention etc so maybe you're right! I do find it hard though to do anything less than a full set. How much do you charge out of interest for the 3.5 hour set? X

Anyone else have any tips? X

I charge £20 for an express set which takes an hour £40 for the 2 hour set which is what everyone else in my area charges for 1-1/2 hrs and I charge £60 for a full glamour set. All my clients come back too as they say no one else does them the same xxxx

I hope she doesn't mind me posting but I watched a good video posted on the Eyelash Extensions From Kent channel on YouTube for speeding up your time recently: https://youtu.be/JVQ6qM1O__o

In that video she mentioned picking up a ball of glue and placing straight on the eyelash.... To me that isn't a good look. It might be quicker but you're risking the ball of glue sticking to the lashes either side, if I had a technician do that to my eyelashes I wouldn't be happy with the outcome. I've been taught to pick up a ball slide it up and down the natural lash dab off the excess and then place. It's still quick and makes the finish look a lot neater and minimises the amount of separation you do at the end.

After all we don't want our clients lashes hurting them if they're stuck together while they're trying to grow at different rates xx

Get strip lashes and make sure your set up is ready to go. If you spend too much time picking lashes up etc you'll save a lot having them on a strip on your hand.

Are you currently using a glue ring & a hand palette?
Contact frankie widdows on Facebook about joining her group . She has invaluable tips on speeding up lash application xx

That video is frankie widdows. She has loads more videos like this on her private group x

Thanks guys! Ive seen that video before and I do already do pretty much everything that she does so not sure why it takes me so long... I have the strips stuck to my hand and a glue ring. Everything is close to me. Ive stopped clients talking which has sped me up a bit but I'm still taking 2-3 hours to do a full set. I am quick at grabbing a lash and isolating and applying...maybe I do just have clients with lots of lashes 😕 xx

Thanks guys! Ive seen that video before and I do already do pretty much everything that she does so not sure why it takes me so long... I have the strips stuck to my hand and a glue ring. Everything is close to me. Ive stopped clients talking which has sped me up a bit but I'm still taking 2-3 hours to do a full set. I am quick at grabbing a lash and isolating and applying...maybe I do just have clients with lots of lashes 😕 xx

Are you aiming for 100% coverage? Struggling to get a good bond? So are you finding the lashes aren't bonding to NL very well? Are you faffing- brushing them too often, going through. Do you do lashes very often? How often are you lacking? Are there any aspects of lashing you struggle with?
You need to figure out specifically if there is any part of lashing that is causing you bother otherwise you might be faffing too much ?
Cx

I was supposed to say , how often are u lashing lol x

I take 2 hours 15 to do a full set with every lash covered but I find the loose lashes are what takes the time to set up. I'm looking to use the lashes already stuck on the strips just to save time x

F

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey I know this was a while ago. But just wanted to chime in as well!! I recently managed to knock 20 mins off my time just by getting one of those headbands that you'd wear if you were having a facial...you know the soft towelling ones. Client puts it on, arrange it so its on their forehead, I then put my strips of lashes on there. I then either use a glue ring on my thumb on stick the glue ring pot on on the headband as well (using double sided tape!!) just having everything closer makes such a difference! Let us know how you get on xxxx

Latest posts

Back