Tips on spray tanning arms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tronk7

Reaction score
Hi. As the title says, I've been tanning a year now but don't do loads as I mainly do nails. Any tips on doing arms as I struggle with this ? I trained with La tan and love it but find I sometimes get a line around the armpit area which is frustrating. How do you do arms ? Any help much appreciated x

Make the client keep their arms away from their sides.

I hate it when this happens. It can't be helped with some people as it just swipes past their body when they are changing into position.
What i usually do is leave the arms until the end. I get them to lift their arms up in the air and if there is a definite line I get a baby wipe and lightly dab across that line to make it less obvious. I then use a kitchen towel and dab over the area to dry where I have just baby wiped. Go back in and spray the arms. once it develops and they wash it off it all just blends together. Hope that helps.

I don't do anything when this happens as it's only the guide colour that is affected and the tan turns out fine when washed off. Have any of your clients complained about their arms after wash off or is this you panicking about how it looks when you've just sprayed?

I don't do anything when this happens as it's only the guide colour that is affected and the tan turns out fine when washed off. Have any of your clients complained about their arms after wash off or is this you panicking about how it looks when you've just sprayed?
Thanks for your reply. No nobody has complained thankfully, yes I do panic when I see it after spraying [emoji85]

Thanks for all your replies. I was going to start doing arms last but after baggybear's reply I think I'll stick to how I was trained as I've had no complaints [emoji106]

The saying "If it aint broke don't fix it" came to mind.
Well done on realising that there is nothing wrong with the way you were trained and are doing your tans. Now go be confident and tan those clients.;):)

Its just from where their arm has brushes off their side or the side of their boobs. Its just bronzer (which is whats washed off) once the area is coated it will wash off perfectly.
I just reassure clients and say its just from their arm touching their side and once they shower it will be gone. I always add in an 'i promise' to ones that look worried.
Once you're spraying everywhere on the arm I wouldnt change the routine you're doing fine!

Latest posts

Back