Tips or sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josiew27

Reaction score
Hi ladies please can you help me, I'm starting a course in June and I will be learning how to sculpture nails but not how to use tips. I was going to buy tips from glitter planet but there a all different shaped ones so easy for us nail techs. So do I buy a box of each tips to ensure I have the correct tips for my new clients or just buy one shape to start. There's so much to learn x

If you won't be learning how to use tips on your course, I'd recommend you put your effort into sculpting. Using tips, in my opinion, is deceptively harder than sculpting, and you'd have to fit them properly. Most beginners use tips that are too small without even realising, which can be uncomfortable to the client. Sculpting is also faster in the long run, and better on nail biters. I'm surprised they don't run through how to apply tips on your course, since it's very valuable to know to do both. But if you learn sculpting the proper way, there won't be a nail you can't sculpt on.

As for shapes, it's unlikely that your clients will all want the length your tip is anyway, so you'd either way have to shape and cut the tips to their desire.

Ahhhh thank you for your reply this sounds like you have lots of knowledge on this subject. I was also surprised when I was told the course wouldn't touch on this but I'm going with the flow and hoping that it will come together with loads of practice. I really want to try the glitterbels range they have an amazing range of colours of arcrylic powders and polish xxx just hope I can do this I'm so scared.

Hello @Josiew27 will you be interested in live models to practice on after you have finished your course?

I will be but I'm based in Lancashire so Im not sure how to go about it right now xxx

Latest posts

Back