Tips to get tan off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe89

Reaction score
one of my clients can't get her last tan off, the tan has got really horrible and blotchy? she has sat in baby oil for hours and has exfoliated every day for 2 weeks but it's still not coming off? any tips geeks?

A tan that lasts 2 weeks even with exfoliation everyday WOW what is this brand? Somehow I find it hard to believe!!!

I think she has a serious skin condition if it is not coming off after 2 weeks! I think she may be telling you fibs??

Have you seen it?? xx

She obviously is not exfoliating hard enough.
I would advise to use an oily shower gel, Dove if she has it and use some diluted lemon juice and fresh pineapple juice. The Bromelain in the pineapple act as a chemical exfoliator and will easily remove the tan, especially she she soaks in it in the bath.
x

i have yes i went over there today and was shocked to see it still on? she has had loads of tans before and im puzzled? she has always had sienna x. normally she will have a tan every 2 weeks but last time she wanted it after a week so although she still had a slight tint of tan still on i didnt think anything of it as she had said she done the normal prep work. so i done the tan. now she can it off but it looks horrible, she has brown patches everywhere?

I've had somebody message me today asking if she can get another spray tan to cover her (now patchy) previous tan which she had done over a week ago. I'm a newbie so didn't really know the answer. I'm assuming it's a no though, wouldn't it just emphasise the patchiness?

well the last tan wasn't patchy it was fading lovely, it isn't now though! she has asked for another and i said no the tan needs to come off first? x

You can spray over an existing tan, but to cover it evenly is pretty impossible-it depends on the patchiness.

I would advise if its not too bad, to exfoliate the patchy areas before you come and this will then give the best result possible. If its really bad, I would get her to completely remove before a new tan.

x

I have had this problem with sienna x. I had a spray tan with 8% and it was lovely, i wanted it to last a bit longer as I was going out so on about day 5 I started applying their gradual tanner which I then applied again the next day and was a lovely colour. But it then went very patchy as it started to fade and I had to scrub off. It took weeks. To go compleatly! I love sienna usually but have learnt never to over apply this product!
Xx

If you use a percentage that is too far away from your natural skin tone, it will take longer to fade as the change in colour is too vast.
x

I had a sienna x tan and it didn't come off me for weeks was horrible! I looked like I didn't wash when every night I scrubbed myself raw!! Try potato peal. Never done it myself but my friend swears by it. Good lluck x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

We have a great product called decadence tan eliminator. It's ideal for removing tan build up prior to another tan application. However find it hard to believe the tan would still be a problem after 2 weeks. Did she do correct maintenance such as moisturising twice daily etc?

i used an 8% on her and like Rose she says she is scrubbing every night. i gave her an after care leaflet and i have repeated myself over and over and still she swears shes doing everything i have asked. x

Latest posts

Back