Tips vs forms for short, bitten nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amnoel27

Reaction score
Hi!

What is better for short, bitten nails? Tips or forms? I am using Young Nails builder gel. Thanks!

You will struggle with forms as you can't fit the form underneath the nail. You have to cut it to for the exact shape of the nail which is quite tricky. Tips are better for bitten nails but you may need to trim the well down so it doesn't cover the whole nail bed. Either way they'll have to be some customisation!

My preference is to always sculpt on short bitten nails.
The tips give no strength and you want as much of the product on the nail plate as you can get. Even with well less tips the tip can still take up too much room on a tiny nail

Forms here. They will need to be cut to fit, and sides clipped into, but I do that on every nail regardless so for me it's no difference. Pretty much all my clients were/are nail biters. I don't sculpt new sets much anymore, since I mainly do infills, but the event that I do sculpt, forms all the way, regardless.:p On a nailbiter, you already have very little real estate to work on, I wouldn't want to minimise that even further by using a tip. You will need all the space and strength you can get.

Thanks all! I was thinking forms might be better for strength but tips are easier to apply.

Latest posts

Back