Tips with fins?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired

Reaction score
Hi, All,

As a newbie I have been browsing some of the suppliers named on this site and have come across tips with "fins". Has anyone ever used them? Are they good, or just a gimmick? Be interested to know. :confused:

Thanks

xx:hug:xx

The tips you are refering to are french fin by NSI
I only ever used them once and that was in training, they are ok to help get you started i guess as you butt your white l&p up to the fin which gives you a neat smile, that aside you are still best to practice doing your smile without the aid of using fins. HTH

are these a normal tip or an effective tip? can someone add a link? love to see, as im having trouble picturing them? Have a mental picture of a ruddy great big triangle on top of the tip???:eek:

are these a normal tip or an effective tip? can someone add a link? love to see, as im having trouble picturing them? Have a mental picture of a ruddy great big triangle on top of the tip???:eek:

ha ha ha I guess i'm not the only one thinking that :lol:

check nsi's website they show you on there it is a little ridge around the bottom of the tip lol not a bloody great shark fin pmsl:lol:

Hi, All,

As a newbie I have been browsing some of the suppliers named on this site and have come across tips with "fins". Has anyone ever used them? Are they good, or just a gimmick? Be interested to know. :confused:

Thanks

hiya,yes iv got them iv used them to practice my smile lines on but never have used them on a client as my fellow geek has says learning to do them freehand is better as not every client want tips (going on personal experience) and doing them free hand gives u more confidence i think saying that im still praticing :rolleyes: but im getting there :lol:

Hi
Fin tips, are actually patented by NSI. They are an excellent alternative too the white tips(affectionately i call them strippes nails!) because you still get the freehand french effect. There is no blending necessary(saves on time) helps give you a perfect smile(although achieving freehand french is necessary to master) the fin tips also help with getting a perfect apex! The only suggesting i have with using the fin tips is that your client should have medium to long nail beds, these tips are def not for nail biters

Hi, Ive used them too,
they are a lovely shaped nail, they seem to fit really well they have a tiny dividing raised smile line , ( the Fin ) which divides your pink and whites up beautifully,

you would normally fill up the tip first, eg: Zone 1 with white acrylic up to the raised fin (smile line),

Then you would fill in zone 2 and 3 as normal with your pink behind the smile (fin line) butting up against it ,

if you are using a clear pink you can take this lightly all over the tips, but be careful as you want keep your smile line bright and crisp, it may be better to use clear acrylic at this point ,

if you are using a masking pink in zones 2 and 3 ,
you would then swop to clear to cover and finish the whole nail to keep the smile lines crisp ,
just like any other white tip

as someone said they are good for building the correct apex as you have to get the raised fin covered,

I found them fab, they make life very easy ,

I think they are good to have a go with,
I have a few left over if you want one littlegroll ? or anyone else ?
just pm me I think I have around 4 or so left
Ill post them out so you can see the famous fin and have a play lol :hug: x

well i got really excited about the thought of having fins on my nails and being able to do the jaws music while wiggling my fingers along... ((small minds, small things..))
Minky thanks heaps.. I'd love to have a go.. sounds easy enough.. does anyone have a link to these..?? I cant find them!
:hug:

I think they are good to have a go with,
I have a few left over if you want one littlegroll ? or anyone else ?
just pm me I think I have around 4 or so left
Ill post them out so you can see the famous fin and have a play lol :hug: x

Ooooh, I'd love some to practice on, please!!! :):):) Had a 1-2-1 with an NSI educator last week so am on a roll to get going!!!! I will pm you with my address.

Thanx so much.

Hi,

Been trying to pm you but apparently your message box is full!!

Once you clear down, I can send another message.

Many thanx.

Hi sorry little groll and babs and any other fellow geeks , trust me to have a full pm box Ill go clear it now,
it may take me a while as I am not so good at computers :hug: minky x

Latest posts

Back