tips wont stick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auntsally

Reaction score
i feel ridiculous asking this, but have been trying to put some tips on my sisters nails tonight ,did all the prep sized the tips ,then tryed to glue the tips on, they would not stick:irked: did it at the right angle and everything, then tryed another finger that was the same would not stick, i am useing creative glue and tips, what has gone wrong realy upset:cry: and embrassed:o had to end up puting everything away ,because it has took me so long messing around trying to glue on a tipcan anyone tell me what iv done wrong?can glue stop sticking ?it new only opened it tonight

i feel ridiculous asking this, but have been trying to put some tips on my sisters nails tonight ,did all the prep sized the tips ,then tryed to glue the tips on, they would not stick:irked: did it at the right angle and everything, then tryed another finger that was the same would not stick, i am useing creative glue and tips, what has gone wrong realy upset:cry: and embrassed:o had to end up puting everything away ,because it has took me so long messing around trying to glue on a tipcan anyone tell me what iv done wrong?can glue stop sticking ?it new only opened it tonight

Did you make sure there were no oils on the nail plate?

Hi Hun,
sounds frustrating...:irked:
Are you using too much adhesive do you think, so that the tips actually take an age to bond?
The only other thing that springs to mind is prep.
Are you sure you thoroughly removed shine & scrubfreshed?
x

Whish Creative adhesive is it your using hun? Gelbond has a 10 second set time so you need to make sure you hold in place long enough. Tell us a bit more about what you're using and also which tips and why. xx

Did she have very flat nails? Were the tips too curved for the nail shape? Were the tips large enough?

Adhesive bonds with pressure!! You must apply firm pressure and you must not mess about rocking the tip too much or repositioning it or you will have problems.

Creative do not have a glue, but they do have several adhesives!!! Which one are you using?

You say you were messing around with it, what exactly does that mean ... that you didn't hold it in place long enough and it hadn't set?? Once you move it and try to stick it down again and mess about, chances are it will not stick. You need to be decisive. Lower and hold for 7-10 seconds, not use too much etc.

i am useing gelbound whitch i bought the other day, as a ran out of the one i had in my kit ,they only had this one in the shop in manchester were i am doing my course, is this the wrong one ?i am useing radical tips ,i did hold the tip on and then it didnt stick ,so i did wipe it ,then added more bound ,because i thought i put to much on ,then that didnt work then i changed the tip that didnt work ,so it could be that i didnt clean off everthing of the nail propely ,this is the first time this has happened to me it realy has knocked my cofidence ,so glad it was my sister that i was doing it on she does have normall nails thats why i like to practise on her thank you for being so helpful

i am useing radical tips

These tips are designed for a dramatic 'c' curve, are they the correct type for her nail? My nails are too flat for them and if I were to try and use these tips on myself they would have a natural desire to pop of.

The trouble is when you stick them and they do not adhere and you trya nd restick it, it just doesnt work. Best thing is use a lint free apd with some Nail varnish remover on it and hold i on the nail plate to make sure all the residue of adhesive is removed then re scrubfresh and viola away you go.

if you make sure the box of tips you have are all pre tailored(well taken out with file or scissors) it will save you lots of time when accidents happen.

Better luck next time and dont worry we have all done it at some time or another.

if you make sure the box of tips you have are all pre tailored(well taken out with file or scissors) it will save you lots of time when accidents happen.

That is a great tip Scatty, and one that I started using a while ago, it does save time and hassle

You say you were using Gelbond - did you hold in place for long enough and as Geeg said did you apply enough pressure. Gelbond has a 10 second set time and is pressure setting - so as that implies it needs both to bond properly. Hope that helps - better luck next time you try. xx

Could there be a problem with the adhesive?!?!?!

I use Gelbond when I use tips, can't say I've ever had a problem with it, however, if too much 'messing about' is going on then you won't get a proper set.
  • Make sure the tip is correctly sized and pretailored prior to applying the adhesive
  • Try double adhering, ie apply a very small amount to the nail
  • Use the nozzle of the tube to spread it across the nail
  • Put a small amount of adhesive on the tip, again spreading it with the nozzle
  • Apply the tip, making sure you're applying enough pressure, especially at the corners
  • After 10 seconds the tip should be properly adhered
hth's

thank you all for your help, i had a good sleep, and got up and cracked on and did some on my own hand, i did what gigi said and was put it on and held it on in one place for 10 secounds ,and it stuck, i dont think i was holding it on long enough last night ,then checked to soon ,before it had set ,and moved it a around to much trying to get it to stick guess i was to inpaicent thanks again you have all been so helpful donna

Glad you have sorted it Honey

Latest posts

Back