TIPS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ANNIEKE2

Reaction score
CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME A BREAKDOWN OF THEIR FAVOURITE TIPS FOR DIFFERENT NAILS I HAVE MILLENIUM SALON GOLD AND THEY HAVE A VERY SHORT WELL DO I BLEND THEM AND WHAT TYPE OF NAILS WOULD THEY BE SUITABLE FOR I HAVE ONLY USED PINNACLE TIPS BEFORE TNANKS SO MUCH

My favorite is Velocity... super thin... micro contact area... very dramatic curves... great for most nail types.
For flatter nails... I go with Formation as it has more of a universal C Curve that will fit more clients.

Hope this helps

ps... I think your Caps Lock button was stuck as your post is in all upper case... In cyber world that means youre shouting... ;)[/b]

While we are on the subject of Creative's tips, what kinds of clients would you use the Eclipse tips on?

American's nails do not tend to have the really 'deep' sidewalls and high arch that you find here in Europe, but when you have a client that has these type of nails ... ONLY Eclipse will do. The tip just wraps itself round that arch and down into those deep walls like no other tip.

Usually when technicians get this type of nail, they apply a tip and end up having to press the sidewalls in with their thumbs to get the tip to fit and the adhesive to stick. When you have to do this ... use Eclipse ... cause your other tip isn't fitting correctly and will tend to 'spring' away from the sides in time.

Eclipse may not be your tip of choice for every client ... but it sure is handy to have a small box in stock to use when you need them. I believe in 'custom' service and having the right tools for different individuals.

velocity for me love em

Thanks Geeg for the advice on the Eclipse tips. I have a pack of them and have never used them since they never seem to be the right tip for the client. Now I understand why.

Now another question, most seem to love the Velocity tip, however, when I start sizing, I usually start with the pinkie and it seems as though the smaller tips (9 & 10) are really curved and don't fit good, this makes me put the Velocity back on the shelf and grab the formation. Now, since the main reason I grabbed for the Velocity first is small nail beds, I now have to tailer the Formation tip to fit so that it is not covering up too much of the nail plate.

Any advive or tips on that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back