Tired eyes & dark lines, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have 8 hours, or slightly more each night - I just cannot function to do my accounts job and part time salon work which I do for myself.

However, I am always looking tired as if I have been out the night before, hardly had any sleep and it doesn't look good. I have slightly darkened lines coming from the inner corner of my eyes and round, and puffy semi circle under my eyes.

What do you all use 1. For a cover up 2. For skin care?

I am a qualified beauty therapist NVQ 2 & 3 but I don't really do facials to know the best products but I am fed up buying things, with every hope that I will wake up looking refreshed.

I have tried the caffeine coffee under the eyes, cold spoons, cucumber (which just makes my eyes stream & sore), cold tea bags and I am stuck with what to use. I keep hydrated and do not drink a massive amount of alcohol, sometimes nothing in the week, and just lightly at the weekend. I am not on any medication either.

Does anyone make something that gives them great results, or any hints / tips or something they buy either from a high street shop, or professional brand?

ANY help, I am willing to trial and error it but I just need something to stop people saying "oohh, you look tired"!

Carly xx

Hun I think you need to have some blood tests asap.
I’m not a doctor but your symptoms sound deaper than just moisturized skin, although I do have some minimal knowledge.
Sounds severely as iron and B12 deficiency. Besides the way your eyes might look wouldn’t you prefer it if you actually were better? Being unable to function properly on a day to day basis can be tiresome. Been there done that and it was horrible.
If you take what supplements you need your eyes should return to normal looking anyway.

Hi Ateropi,

Thank you for your reply. I have recently had some blood tests as they "thought" I might have gall stones, and did a full blood count. Can I ask, have you suffered with this? Should I start taking these vitamin supplements?
I am on slimming world so I would say this is a very healthy, extremely low fat diet so I am eating a load of fresh fruit, veg, lean meats etc.
I have started to get tiny small bump like things on the very surface of my skin, making me look not half as radiant as I used to be. I have always had very good skin, healthy looking.
Thanks

Carly xx

I have no idea what slimming world is tbh.
Yes I have been suffering myself for the past years and I am on a on-and-off medication depending on my blood tests. When I started I was pretty much like you, too many working hours, pretty much all my waking hours were about work. My life was just work and sleep. Brain fog, exhaustion and black circles were a standard!
Then I started taking iron and B12 and it became slightly better but the day I would stop it would get back down. Then I found out it was because the pills weren’t actually being absorbed by my organism.
So I also need folic acid and vitamin c for the iron, and magnesium for the B12. Oh and vitamin D had dropped as well; the irony of it: I live in the country of the sun and I wouldn’t get any because of work.
Anyways I started taking 5-6 pills a day for 2 months. It has now been 6 months with no pills and going great. Still working many hours and I get tired but I don’t dream about sleeping all day and I don’t have any dark circles under my eyes
Btw, standard blood tests don’t include B12, iron and ferritin, or vitamin D. You have to ask specifically for them to be included.

That's very helpful, thank you!

I will ask my doctors if they will do blood tests specific for, are you saying iron and vitamin b12?

Should I take these vitamin supplements in the meantime, hoping they will help?

Thank you

Carly xx
I have no idea what slimming world is tbh.
Yes I have been suffering myself for the past years and I am on a on-and-off medication depending on my blood tests. When I started I was pretty much like you, too many working hours, pretty much all my waking hours were about work. My life was just work and sleep. Brain fog, exhaustion and black circles were a standard!
Then I started taking iron and B12 and it became slightly better but the day I would stop it would get back down. Then I found out it was because the pills weren’t actually being absorbed by my organism.
So I also need folic acid and vitamin c for the iron, and magnesium for the B12. Oh and vitamin D had dropped as well; the irony of it: I live in the country of the sun and I wouldn’t get any because of work.
Anyways I started taking 5-6 pills a day for 2 months. It has now been 6 months with no pills and going great. Still working many hours and I get tired but I don’t dream about sleeping all day and I don’t have any dark circles under my eyes
Btw, standard blood tests don’t include B12, iron and ferritin, or vitamin D. You have to ask specifically for them to be included.

If you take the supplements you won't know for sure, as even one pill can tamper the results.
Wait a few more days to get your proper answers.
I asked specifically for iron, ferritin, B12 and D. I think a couple of others too, but if he's smart he'll get the point and include everything you need.
Just describe your symptoms to him/her and he should be able to guide you better.
As not all doctors even bother to mention the extra supplements you will need (vitamin c, folic acid and magnesium in my case) make sure you ask if there's anything necessary for proper absorption. These supplements are not prescribed and you can find them in pretty much every drug store, hence why they leave it unmentioned, or well that'd be my best guess. Who knows, I had to change doctors to find out.
Come to think of it, the first had told me to drink lots of orange juice with every iron pill, although where am I supposed to find fresh oranges in the middle of the summer is beyond me... Not a word about the rest though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back