Tired of mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francesXXX

Reaction score
I’ve been a mobile hairdresser for the last 10 years (8 years as a salon employee before that), and I have loved it, but I feel it’s becoming quite draining on me nowadays. I’m fed up of working around client’s messy houses and with their families and pets around causing chaos, it’s becoming quite stressful. Also it’s becoming quite a physical strain too, I’m getting a bad back from all the driving and heavy lifting. I would LOVE to have all my clients come to me in one way or another, but I live in a small (and unglamorous looking) rented flat without a spare room which I would be embarrassed to make my clients come to, and I think I’d lose the majority of them if I tried that. I don’t want to rent a chair in a salon because my clients and I have got used to the privacy, and I don’t really want to be part of someone else’s business and under someone else’s rules. Again, I think my clients would be quite underwhelmed by that and might end up just finding a new mobile hairdresser. Any other suggestions?? I feel like I’ll just be stuck doing mobile forever with the chaotic scenarios and a bad back!

A portable mobile salon/camper van?

Not sure if I’ve dreamt this, but I’m sure another geek had a plan to convert an old camper van into a mobile mini salon with an electric hook up. The novelty factor would secure you lots of new business too.

This is a great idea, thanks!

Latest posts

Back