To all Salon owners - employers :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyuk

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted to ask all those that employ nail techs what specific qualifications you look for ?

Does the qaulification NEED to be something like creative ? would you employ someone like me that did the training in college ?

The thing is Im applying for a nail tech, although the employer doesnt state what qualifications you need, I know the salon and the nail techs that work there are all creative trained.

I suppose im being a little negative about this but just wanted to ask you all.

Fingers crossed for me that I get to go to an interview.
Your opinions count please be honest.
Thanks in advance :)

As a salon owner for 11 years, I have a mixed answer for you, or anyone looking for nail tech employment.

Sometimes, a valued member of staff leaves our employ and usually has a full column of clients booked in with them almost every day. In this circumstance we have to have a qualified and very experienced tech replace her and they must be able to take over her clients and complete the service in the same time as the previous tech.

As a Creative Salon, it is preferable that the tech we take on is Creative trained and experienced but it is not always possible fo us to choose that option - we will take on an experienced tech and 'convert' them to our system and update their training to our standard.

However, there are also times when we will take on a trainee, someone who is recently qualified, either through college or privately trained and who has the qualities we are looking for, and we will then work with them, putting them through many additional CND training courses and 1-to-1's to bring them up to the standard our clients expect. We require them to work hard to build a regular clientele.

Unsure if this has been much help to you, bottom line is - if you have the right attitude and are willing to learn and can put that over to your prospective employer, I think they will take a chance on you. If they are willing to give you the training and support to improve your skills, jump at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for replying hun, it means alot, I will try my damn hardest to impress, IF i get to the interview point, and I am willing to do any training thats needed, thanks again :green:

Latest posts

Back