To All: Whats Your Best Beauty Secret?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think my spray tan clients give a flying F about what i take my make up off with! If i come out with the above to them, they would probs laugh at me and tell me to get a grip of myself!
We haven't got any were in the area that sell professional products really (i don't think anyway)
What do you take your eye make up off with?

How much are they?
The water in seaham is very harsh, will the mit still work ok?

I LOVE these gloves.... another thing i got from ASDA... how unprofessional?????? ha....

I use them every time in the shower. They are great to use before a spray tan!

Beauty Guru wrote her piece when she thought you were a skin therapist, which you had in your profile, in which case everything she said has a valid point.
This is a professional forum and all you have to do is look through the different forums to see that the hair geeks, nail geeks ,skin geeks all recommend professional products above anything you can by in shops.Im sure you dont recommend your clients to top up with Asda fake tan.Or paint their nails with Asda polish.

Beauty Guru wrote her piece when she thought you were a skin therapist, which you had in your profile, in which case everything she said has a valid point.
This is a professional forum and all you have to do is look through the different forums to see that the hair geeks, nail geeks ,skin geeks all recommend professional products above anything you can by in shops.Im sure you dont recommend your clients to top up with Asda fake tan.Or paint their nails with Asda polish.

I wasn't recommending any one to use Asda wipes... I was just sayin i take my make up off with them!

I think this whole thing has been blown well out of proportion.

My 1st post was ment to be a bit of humour... That i use all them nice products and take them off with an 'unprofessional' face wipe. No harm was ment by it...

If i have ruffled anyone's feathers im sorry :rolleyes:

xx

Not ruffled my feathers:hug:

I was genuinely just trying to give you a cost effective gentler method of make up removal, in case you hadn't heard of them. (my clients never had and nearly all of them have them now :))

I absolutely love the exfoliating mitts and sell them to my clients for pre tan exfoliation but I would never put them near my face! I have managed to scrub my body too hard on occasion and left it tender, so goodness knows what it would do to my face.

If I can help you any further please dont hesitate to pm me.:hug:

I was genuinely just trying to give you a cost effective gentler method of make up removal, in case you hadn't heard of them. (my clients never had and nearly all of them have them now :))

I absolutely love the exfoliating mitts and sell them to my clients for pre tan exfoliation but I would never put them near my face! I have managed to scrub my body too hard on occasion and left it tender, so goodness knows what it would do to my face.

I have never hurd of the magic mits before, but they sound fab.

What are they like with harsh/hard water and how much are they? xx

Hi Angela

Where do you get your exfoliating mitts from that you sell to your clients?

Hi Angela

Where do you get your exfoliating mitts from that you sell to your clients?

I would like to know as well!

Are you buying them in cheaper then £1 a pair? x

It was a textile cash and carry I have an account with in Glasgow

Thankyou Gillian for backing me up.:hug:

I thought you were proffesional skin therapist GM5 SH as it said on your profile,so i will apologise for that.

However i feel i dont have the need to apologise for what i wrote.As a skin therapist myself,i believe in using proffessional salon products on my skin...and i advocate the same for my clientele,who trust and respect me.

This IS a professional forum and i would like to reccommend professional products...and i stand by what i have said.

Its a shame you arent nearer to me...because i would invite you to one of my regular "educational" skin care evenings,and answering and demonstrating skin care treatments to yourself and clients alike.

I hope this has cleared things up:)

Pure A Day/Night keeps them spots at bay
8 hrs sleep
Bio oil

Day Make up
Dior tinted moisturiser
Diorshow Mascara
Vaseline (a must for my lips)

Night Make up
Double wear foundation - shell beige
Lancome bronzer - 02
Bobbie Brown shadows
Lancome Juicy Tube - 22 Melon (lush)
Loreal false lash effect mascara (stunning)

Asda's face wipes to take the lot off (88p cant go wrong)

xx

Oh... Spray tan ofcause...

Been thinking of investing in Bio Oil for a while now - is it any good to use on your face or just for scars?

Been thinking of investing in Bio Oil for a while now - is it any good to use on your face or just for scars?

Its good for little imperfections on the face (off were spots have been) But i wouldn't use it all over ya face or it makes your face far to oily. Is amazing on scars tho... I had a bust reduction about 3 yr ago and ya cant even see some of my scars now! really really recommend it!

x

Thankyou Gillian for backing me up.:hug:

I thought you were proffesional skin therapist GM5 SH as it said on your profile,so i will apologise for that.

However i feel i dont have the need to apologise for what i wrote.As a skin therapist myself,i believe in using proffessional salon products on my skin...and i advocate the same for my clientele,who trust and respect me.

This IS a professional forum and i would like to reccommend professional products...and i stand by what i have said.

Its a shame you arent nearer to me...because i would invite you to one of my regular "educational" skin care evenings,and answering and demonstrating skin care treatments to yourself and clients alike.

I hope this has cleared things up:)

I def need some education in skin care!

You have had me thinking...

I am gonna offer skin care to my spray tan clients. I was wondering if you could recommend a skin care rage thats not that pricey, and will be OK for them to use after having a spray tan. Tantrick have a range called Karma but its a bit expensive for the 'Seaham folk'.

xx

I am gonna offer skin care to my spray tan clients. I was wondering if you could recommend a skin care rage thats not that pricey, and will be OK for them to use after having a spray tan. Tantrick have a range called Karma but its a bit expensive for the 'Seaham folk'.

xx

By skin care what type of products do you mean - post tan types or facial skin care.

If you mean post tan type/tan related then Couture Beauty do a good range of products to compliment tanning and they are a really good price too. www.couturebeauty.co.uk

If I were you I wouldnt recommend Facial skin Care products as I would leave that to the experts in Facial Skin Care.

Whats this aloe vera drink?? is it foul??

Its hard to explain the taste, it reminds me of the smell of a plaster ... now that probably makes no sense! But its a little medical in taste. Its bearable as i only have 60ml every morning. So its kind of like a shot but with 3 gulps!

Aloe helps with all sorts. I started taking it after my immune system and liver took a bashing from medication (roaccutane) and glandular fever. I fight colds and illness off quicker and it generally gives me a boost.

By skin care what type of products do you mean - post tan types or facial skin care.

If you mean post tan type/tan related then Couture Beauty do a good range of products to compliment tanning and they are a really good price too. www.couturebeauty.co.uk

If I were you I wouldnt recommend Facial skin Care products as I would leave that to the experts in Facial Skin Care.

Its just really to compliment there tanning, pre and post and also to use even when they havent a tan.

Its hard to explain the taste, it reminds me of the smell of a plaster ... now that probably makes no sense! But its a little medical in taste. Its bearable as i only have 60ml every morning. So its kind of like a shot but with 3 gulps!

Aloe helps with all sorts. I started taking it after my immune system and liver took a bashing from medication (roaccutane) and glandular fever. I fight colds and illness off quicker and it generally gives me a boost.

hmmmm, maybe look into that, what is it you have? is it just aloe vera juice?

Oh thanks hun, i might give it a try then.

Stri-Vectin for eyecream
12% AHA at night (make my own)
Jojoba or carrot-oil in the morning with essential oils ( make my own)
and a daily MILD peeling with licorice root to fight hyperpigmentation (make my own)
Sebastian haircare products to fight frizz ( the only ones that work for me)

Make-up:
Eyelash extensions
Guerlaine bronzing powder
Lancome mascara " Fatale"
and tons of lipgloss!
Hi! How do you make your own 12% AHA? Actually, how do you make your own of all of the products you use? It sounds fun! xx

Latest posts

Back