To bleach or not to bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazBam81

Reaction score
I have been colouring my clients hair for about a year. She used to be blonde (Wella Koleston 12/89) but went back to dark brown by herself, decided she didn't like it and bleached her hair herself, using Jerome Russell powder and 40vol. She has sent me a text saying she is trying to get back to blonde and wants me to colour her hair again using Koleston 12/89 as before. I have attched photo of her hair as it currently is 21103729_1893292834253397_485464775_o.jpg . My instinct tells me another bleach would be needed as colour is uneven and warm, but condition of her hair is very bad, and she admits it feels like straw. Never come across hair this badly damaged before so not sure what to do. Any advice very welcome x

Wouldn't touch it with bleach, or hi lift for that matter. Why oh why would anyone bleach their hair at home, I would suggest she works on the condition and then maybe tones and then work on regrowth once you have a decent amount through so as not to over lap. Tell her it's s long process before she's back to a nice blond again. Good luck!

Your instinct is spot on. Take some test cuttings and apply bleach plus low vol developer and a highlift mix on the second piece and see if they snap. Show it to your client and so she understands just how badly damaged it is.

If it's had at least two lots of 12% (40 vol) on plus 30 vol (?) from a box dye, it's definitely not going to be strong enough for another dose of highlift and 40 vol.

Maybe try toning the orange to neutralise it plus lots of deep conditioning treatments?

I love a really well executed root stretch xx Demi

Latest posts

Back