To blend or not to blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, I think the majority of us that have done our training were shown to pre-tailor our tips and then after applying, blend. Now I have seen where the well is cut out with curved scissors, applied and not blended. Do any of you use this method. Are there any pros or cons to using this method.
David

Hi
I was taught to cut most of the well area shorter with my nail clippers, then to file at a 45 degree angle to create the rounded smile line..... I find you only need to blend then if you have a client with particularly short nail beds, so that you make their nail beds look longer.... otherwise I never blend the natural tips as an unblended tip can actually give a nicer smile to the natural looking nails!

The tips look better blended when used on bitten nails!!

Sue

Jaydee said:
Hi All, I think the majority of us that have done our training were shown to pre-tailor our tips and then after applying, blend. Now I have seen where the well is cut out with curved scissors, applied and not blended. Do any of you use this method. Are there any pros or cons to using this method.
David

Ok if the clients nail is suitable, then I pre-blend the tips and buff then adhere and then just gently buff the tip flush with the nail..............
Some pre-blend with a file, some pre-taylor with scissors............ it is usualy personal preference.....but even if I use the scissors to cut out the well area, I still go over the tip with a buffer to thin it out....to reduce the step effect.............I hope this makes sense

Sometime the full well area is needed................. i.e a nail that has gone triangleshape, lop sided aso, so I use the full well area to my advantage............
hope this makes sense................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back