to blow or not to blow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about blowing on nails?

• Don't be silly, it's perfectly normal.

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • I will help you count the ways it is unsanitary, gag!!

Votes: 421 82.7%
  • Who cares.

Votes: 57 11.2%

• Total voters
Could never blow on a clients nails, but if desperate during polishing I may ask them to blow their own!!!

During enhancements though, I would never allow blowing, as I would be afraid of contaminating the nail plate prior to application of product! I'm sure that if you blew onto a nail which you have just dehydrated, spit particles could wet the nail plate and also you would risk getting germs onto the nail plate which may lead to greenies!!!

May be wrong, probably I'm a germophobic as well, so youre not on your own Holly!!!!!

Sue

This topic is waaaay to funny :D. Well, there must be something about blowing nails, it's one of those unexplicable (i hope i spelled this right) things. I too fell a need to blow nails whenever i see dust on them. But i just pick up my duster brush, dust the nails AND the fingers (cause if i don't, i still feel that need). Why on earth is it that if noone taught us this we still feel that we should do it??

Shazzar said:
Oh my god, I have trouble not heaving when I manage to remove loads of non living tissue in my PREP and it's all discoloured and yellowy green. GOD KNOWS what I'd do if I saw a bogey on there!!!!!

This thread had really really made my day!!!
I know what you mean, sometimes esp nail bitters have loads of non living tissue and it is soooooo green. Sometimes it does turn my stomache but would definitly throw up if i saw a bogey. Sometimes i have had clients with danglers from there nose.................
Amanda

Have to say i wouldn't dream of spitting or blowing on anyone. Have done it to myself, but not when doing a client. I use a brush as well, seems much more sanitary. I certainly wouldn't blow on a clients nails to dry them!!! I use my lamp, they just hold their hand near the light and it helps dry them.

mingin mingin mingin - wot more can I say...

Missey Saint ere never blows on my fingers...urgh..

I lickem instead :eek:

Only joking :rolleyes:

Ok Just a quickie. I agree Bloing is disgusting but the big fluffy brushes someone mentioned?????? OMG You are just looking for trouble. They are huge pathogen carriers!!! Can't be effectively cleaned and santised between clients. You need to use a nylon bristled nail brush that is easily cleaned and dried between clients.

Jadey 0:)

spaz is not a very p.c word.

Ewwww.... never blow - think I would quietly freak out if someone did it to me. Always a brush!!!

I just use a small blusher brush that cost me about 50p from the chemist. It keeps the dust away. I would NEVER dream of blowing on a client, I stuck myself to one with glue once and that was bad enough!

I too am a reformed blower! :o But every now and then (i.e. when doing my nails or Mom's) I can't resist a little blow... :o !!

As for bogies, my boyfriend's the worst - always clearing them from around his cuticles - yuk!! :rolleyes: Had a client with a great big one hanging out of her nose the other day as well - eek!! Just kept my head well down and didn't dare look up! :lol:

G. xx

Have to say if it is one of my friends i tend to blow when getting impatient with polish drying but use a brush for the rest. Always blow my own, you lot have made me feel guilty now so i will by a little fan so i dont spit on them lol

Hi,

I think it's totally natural to blow on your nails i wouldn't doit to a client!

I can't resist a little blow when i'm doing mine

Besides it being gross as hell...........what about the fact that we have so many items like Fluffies, nail brushes, polish dryers A FOLDED PIECE OF PAPER and so forth that can remedy this? Now, I do blow on my own sculpts (and wipe them on my lap so I look like I've fought ghosts) but, to do it to someone else is ridiculous----AND NASTY.

This has really brightened up my morning. I'm still chuckling at some of your stories, especially the one about being stuck to the client with glue. You're all as daft as the Mad Hatter. I should fit in well, then. For the record, I've never ever felt the urge to blow on my own fingernails and really hope I never feel the urge to blow on a client's.

I must have missed this post first time around so I just had to tell you my experience with it..........
My very first gel course taught me to do just that, can you believe that????????
Yes, it says in my notes to get your client to clap hands to free them of dust, but she told us its easier to just blow.
I carried on doing this for so long it was hard to get out of the habit, although I`m glad to say I am a reformed character but I still confess to having the odd blow at my own just for old times sake!!!!!!!!
When I started my VTCT, my very first lesson I was told off so badly I felt I needed that pointed hat and a corner to sit in. Oh to have some proper training.....

Thought I should add that blowing on polish will actually lower adhesion and gloss.
The most effective way of accellerating enamel is to reduce (not increase) the amount of air able to contact the surface. Hence products like solar speed spray from CND....

:cry: :cry: :cry: I must confess...:sad:
I was doing a friends nails a couple of nights ago and.....I blew on them to get the filing dust off, and again when I got impatient with the primer...Ah, confession is good for the soul.:hug:
After reading this thread I promise I won't do it anymore!!!:o

Ms.Matrix said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: I must confess...:sad:
I was doing a friends nails a couple of nights ago and.....I blew on them to get the filing dust off, and again when I got impatient with the primer...Ah, confession is good for the soul.:hug:
After reading this thread I promise I won't do it anymore!!!:o
LOL well if it makes you feel any better I've blown dust of nails and been absolutely horrified that I did, I think we've all done it - well I hope we have otherwise I'm really landing myself in it aren't I :irked: its soooo automatic sometimes, fortunately it was my mother in law I blew onto and not a paying client, actually I'm not sure whether thats worse or not:wink2:.

dee said:
lol :biggrin: i use a little dust brush , i blow on myself though lol that sounds a bit odd dont it !!
hey,

i totally agree.....using a little dusting brush has to be the best way to remove excess dust but still can't resist blowing on my own nails when i do them!
as Mrs Geek says ~ 'it's just gotta be done!! '

Jenn xx

Blowing on nails ew its disgusting :lick: the same as when you get your hair put up and the hairdresser opens the clips in her mouth with her teeth

Latest posts

Back