to blow or not to blow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about blowing on nails?

• Don't be silly, it's perfectly normal.

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • I will help you count the ways it is unsanitary, gag!!

Votes: 421 82.7%
  • Who cares.

Votes: 57 11.2%

• Total voters
I can quite honestly say that I NEVER BLOW!!! (oh it was just begging for it!)...lol

Now, on nails....I use a disinfectable brush!! :wink2:

Hehe Inspirations...

I don't blow either! I think it's disgusting. I don't even blow on mine!

MissNailPro said:
Worse than a client speaking a spitting at you--- don't you hate it when a client uses the side of her hand to wipe her nose (somehow their noses get itchy when I tell them not to touch a thing... ??).........

Well! I think it's psychological! Doesn't matter whatyou're doing, but if you can't move your hands, you get an itchy nose (you should see me doing a massage.... I'm like samantha from Bewitched! with the twitchy nose thing!

I never blow on a client but I always get the urge to, then I remember! I work in a bank part time as well and one of the things that you have to knock out of yourself fast is licking your fingers when you want to count money! So I now have a new mantra : No blowing or licking! (my husband being the exception to the rule!):lick: :o

Even in my fledgling times in the wonderful world of nails, my answer to this would be no No NO! The idea of blowing out spit or remains of my dinner onto some poor unsuspecting client fills me with dread!

I have a lovely story for you... (going back to the spitting thing)

I was once concentrating so much on a clients nails, that i dribbled lmao. It was REALLY REALLY funny, thankfully the client was a regular and she just wet herself laughing at me. Then the hairdresser came in and had a good giggle!! lol. and now its your turn to have a laugh at my expense... Least im useful for something lol.

xxx

michie826 said:
Now, I do blow on my own sculpts (and wipe them on my lap so I look like I've fought ghosts) but, to do it to someone else is ridiculous----AND NASTY.
PMSL! I ALWAYS wipe the dust on my lap when I'm doing my own, I look like a ghost fighter too!

This post is SOOOOOOOO funny! Brightened up what is a rainy day!

I am still working on the lovely nail trainer and sometimes I do blow on it, and also wipe my hands on myself so look like another ghost fighter! But I do have a lovely nylon brush which I will make sure I use 100% of the time so I dont get into bad habits!

Minging!!!!

I would freak out if a Nail Tech blew on my hands - thats like a hairdresser blowing in your face after cutting your fringe. I use the disinfectable Brushes that came with Brisa, I dont even blow on my own hands although I do wipe them on my lap.

What if the nail tech was Les Patterson?!

petals said:
What if the nail tech was Les Patterson?!

EH? :confused: I dont get it?

Do u not remember Dame Edna Everidge/ Barry Humphries? He did a character called Les Patterson who spat all over people when he talked. Someone must remember Les Patterson?

So funny...... Les Patterson.........Thought he was a very funny take off.
Dame Edna n all. Love it.....Tho your Mrs Bucket from Keeping up appearances could teach him a thing or 2....lol....

XX J XX

I thank you jnail! It had to be someone from Australia who knew what i was talking about!

Carole Lindsay said:
Hypocrite that i am, i'd say exactly the same thing as you - wouldnt do it to a client but do it to myself!!
Agreeing here as well.. use a brush on a client but blow the hell out of my hands..lol

Ugh! I have a client who does this to her own nails when I am doing them, to get the dust off her hands. Mind you - I have already used my dry manicure brush to dust her nails! It drives me NUTS!!! You want to know what I find even more disgusting then blowing on nails? I used to work with a tech who would use her spit on a dotting tool to pick up rhinestones with to put on the clients nails!!!! EEEEWWWWWWWWW

Lily said:
I know what you mean, sometimes esp nail bitters have loads of non living tissue and it is soooooo green. Sometimes it does turn my stomache but would definitly throw up if i saw a bogey. Sometimes i have had clients with danglers from there nose.................
Amanda

I hate that ....you want to tell them but don't want to make them feel stupid....I usually tell them they have a ' klingon ' because it would make me sick to stare at it through there appointment......blowing on anyones nails besides mine is just wrong !

sequinto said:
Confession time i nearly did blow on a client once then remenbered i was not doing my own nails cos i always blow my own but then its my spit my body lol

LOL

I blow on my own, blow on my best friend since grade 3 elementary. I was using the brush on her, and then one day, before I could grab it, she leaned over to blow LOL I was like ummm I'm not supposed to do that, guess it's ok if you do. We had a laugh about it. So, I blow and brush on her, but not on clients.

In the beginning, I did blow as that's what my former tech for my own nails AND my teacher had done.
Haven't done so for a long time though... since reading a few things and seeing that brushes work better LOL

angel fingers said:
spaz is not a very p.c word.
I actually found it a bit offensive. Its the same as calling someone a retard. WHich in the wrong context is an insult. However, my son actually has a certificate say that he is a retard. I kid you not. But I digress.

I am a picker, biter and blower Im afraid. Has anyone noticed that we are vehement when we tell our clients not to do anything without gloves, not to pick etc, touch there nails during a treatment and that they should apply handcream and solar oil etc, yet most of us dont do any of these things as regularly as we should.

As my old dad used to say "do what I say, not what I do"!! lol xx

petals said:
Do u not remember Dame Edna Everidge/ Barry Humphries? He did a character called Les Patterson who spat all over people when he talked. Someone must remember Les Patterson?
I remember him too, yuk. Whats worse is when the client has bad breath and spits on you as well. I once had a client who was snogging her boyfriend while I was doing her nails, I didnt even notice ofr a few mins, I only looked p to tell her to stop wiggling. At least I wasnt the one getting covered in spit that time though! lol

iiiiiiilllllllll I don't do it to myself and wouldn't do it to a client

Latest posts

Back