to blow or not to blow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about blowing on nails?

• Don't be silly, it's perfectly normal.

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • I will help you count the ways it is unsanitary, gag!!

Votes: 421 82.7%
  • Who cares.

Votes: 57 11.2%

• Total voters
There are lots of brushes out there, why spit! Your quite, dont accept standards like that! x

To remove dust, I use a dust brush. I think that blowing on a clients nails is extremely gross and unsanitary!

What a hilarious thread. I am definately going to have to remember this one when I start training in Jan! Haha. Thanks for the laughs :)

it is only acceptable to blow on your own nails

i would be mortified if a nail tech blew on my nails

sorry to moan but using the word spaz in the poll is not very nice

It,s indeed out of the question blowing on your customers nails...I think it is a sign of unprofessional behaviour.

Imagine if you blow all day on each of your customers nails...could leave you breathless at the end of the day :green:

I hope for the customers of these nailtechnicians that their breath is minty fresh or they could knock someone over trying to blow on their hands :rolleyes:

NO!!!! Yuk I cant think of anything esle than a tech blowing on your nails and then a bit of spit popping out to!! bleugh!!

I use a NSI plush brush and if primer not drying tend to fan with my hand. No blowing - although I think I do on my own along with the wiping on my clothes and getting ghost finger marks.

This is really NOT ok

umm I noticed a couple references to that, does the wording I used mean something different to you than what it means here? I live in the US, to us it just means someone who over-reacts.

If that wording is in any way offensive to anyone, I sincerely apologize and will personally run the thread past a mod.

umm I noticed a couple references to that, does the wording I used mean something different to you than what it means here? I live in the US, to us it just means someone who over-reacts.

If that wording is in any way offensive to anyone, I sincerely apologize and will personally run the thread past a mod.
This is where our cultural differences come to light... a word that's offensive to one culture isn't necessarily offensive to another.

spastic - Definitions from Dictionary.com

spastic - adj.
  1. Of, relating to, or characterized by spasms: a spastic colon; a spastic form of cerebral palsy.
  2. Affected by spastic paralysis.
  3. Offensive Slang Clumsy or inept.
n. A person affected with spastic paralysis.
I will edit the poll wording and assure you that Holly (FingerNailFixer) meant no disrespect.

Happy Geeking and remember NO BLOWING :wink2:

Oh geeze I do this to myself all the time and still spit on my kids when they visit!:o LOL

each to their own, I normaly kiss my kids when they visit is it a local custom to spit on your kids or did they do something to offend you:eek:,
Sorry hun, couldn't resist that one, I know I took it out of contect:lol:
Back to the point, no I wouldn't dream of blowing on my clients nails, for starters its not very clean and its not very affective either, much sooner trust my nsi plush brush to get every speck of dust of.

I will never from this day forward blow on another nail! That is pretty gross if you really think about it.Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

It is amazing how many students instinctively blow on their case studies nails until we tell them not to, probably because most people typically blow on their own nails when filing. What you do to your own nails is up to you but blowing on a client is not only unhygienic but an invasion of their personal space. This not only goes for nail and beauty treatments but hairdressing also… you don’t blow hair off the client’s neck! I was told a funny thing once which always gets a laugh and helped me remember never to blow on clients… ‘there are more germs in your mouth than there are up your bottom!!!’ – gross hey? I would like to think they are a different kind of germ though!

Incidentally, another piece of good advice... keep you mouth shut when clipping toe nails!!!:lol:

Manicure brush great , can be washed and sanitized
If i was to blow then i would spend all day sneezing from the dust!

in no way is it acceptable to blow on your clients nails whether its to remove dust and you would be blowing fro a very long time if you were trying to dry enamel

I did this once to the lady I was doing a set on in my course...she graciously suggested I use the nylon brush we had been supplied with :o.

But I was with a client the other day and couldn't get the cap off the tip glue. I didn't know quite what to do as it was the only bottle I had with me (I'm mobile), so as she sat looking at me struggle with the cap, I just said, "I'm going to have to use my teeth I think!" She didn't seem to mind but thinking about spit just makes me cringe that I couldn't find a better solution! :lick:

Latest posts

Back