To buff or not to buff! Biosculpture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megdav87

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have just started work at a lovely salon after working from my home salon for a couple of years. It is just myself and the salon owner.
I trained with Bio about a year and a half ago and I must say my confidence in myself as a tech has taken a bit of a knocking since starting at the salon as my boss does a lot of things differently to myself and my training.
For example she buffs the nail quite a bit before application which I was taught is not necessary and uses a bonding liquid (not bio). Subsequently I'm finding it hard to remove and time consuming and it's stressing me out a bit.
Her nails are beautiful so I haven't got a problem with doing this as its what she wants, I just feel out of my comfort zone and am wondering whether this is something other geeks also do?

I asked this question a while ago.

Bio used to teach buffing of the nail prior to application up until about 2 years ago when Shellac was first hit the market. These days, they teach no buffing of the nail unless required.

This is the reason why there has been confusion amongst the new Bio training and the old style Bio training. It depends when you were trained.

Take a look at the thread, it may help you to understand more.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/174309-whats-difference-between-shellac-uv-gel.html

Thankyou! That's interesting. It's so hard to know what to do for the best to ensure the natural nail stays strong and healthy but ensures the gel stays put with no lifting for as long as possible. I don't want to cause any damage...that's why I trained with Bio in the first place. Confusing!

I always lightly buff as per my training. I tried not buffing and had lifting issues. Maybe have a chat with the owner.... They might not mind that you prefer not to buff if your clients never have issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back