To buy or not to buy? GHD Straightener....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Does anybody have or used a GHD hair straightener?

I complimented someone about how lovely her hair looked and she told me she uses a GHD straightener!

They are pricey too! Are they worth it? Are there any products similar to them?

They are totally worth it!!!! I have the bigger ones that are about £120, pricey I know but they are the bees knees!!!!

I would reccommend them!

i have got ghds too.. worth the extra money

Jess
xox

Oh My God....adiva I Could Not Even Live Without My Ghd Straighteners!

Got Mine Off Ebay Couple Of Years Ago Saved A Couple Of Quid.

Amb X

i HAVE kAT STRAIGHTNERS FROM THE HAIRDRESSING WAREHOUSE - MY HAIRDRESSERS IS KITTED OUT WITH THEM AND THEY ARE GOOD FOR ME!

Could not live without mine, they are worth every penny.

Karin said:
Could not live without mine, they are worth every penny.

What the hell.... its on the 'must have' list now, lol!
It looks as if it does a fab job.

I couldn't live without my GHD's. I have the medium size. They're great as you can curl with them too.

A must have item!

Yes my daughter would say they are a must!!!!! can not live without them LOL!!!!

My hair looks great when I have used them but I do not always get the time with my brood.

Carolyn xxx

if i were you i would get Kodo straighteners. i had some GHD's and they broke so i went to the warehouse and they told me to try Kodo ones.

Kodo is the brother of GHD. they are exactly the same as GHD straighteners but they have the Kodo sign. i think in a way they are better than GHDs and they are also cheaper., around £55

I would nt say they are worth the money on long hair. I have had mine a while and have noticed(and been told by lady in sallys) they get heat spots on them where hair products such as your straightening spray damages the plates.
They were also recalled not so long back so i would suggest picking some others hun. x

clairelee69 said:
if i were you i would get Kodo straighteners. i had some GHD's and they broke so i went to the warehouse and they told me to try Kodo ones.

Kodo is the brother of GHD. they are exactly the same as GHD straighteners but they have the Kodo sign. i think in a way they are better than GHDs and they are also cheaper., around £55

Thanks for the info Claire - I'll have a look at Kodo too. BUT you know when you set your mind on something....= GHDs?!

I have the ghd's they are fantastic, well worth the extra money!

Howerve am struggling to curl my hair with them any advice please?!?

I adore my GHD's have had them for nearly 4 years and they were worth every penny.

Louise - I havent tried curls as my hair isnt long enough but flicks are really simple I do them most days. Just straighten down as usual and then flick the ends up or under dependant on the look you want. HTH

I've got the kodo ones and to curl I either twist them as I am pulling them down my hair or wind a peice of hair round your finger and then close your straighters round them for a couple of secs, minus your fingers of course! great curls and waves that way and lasts for ages

aly

They're worth every penny. My daughter uses the slim ones as they are also good for giving root lift and curling (she has long hair). This size was recommended by a top salon.

I was so lost when she took them to uni that I bought a pair. I wouldn't mind but I've only got 9 hairs and a nit.

Go for it......................we've tried loads of others and none match up to GHD's.

Nothing compares to GHDs. I've tried loads, small ones, wide ones, steam ones, even the ones that claim to be the same as GHDs & they invariably aren't that good. I even find that my hair doesn't go frizzy or curly as quickly in the rain if I've used GHDs before I go out. I've never had that before, normally the first sign of rain or humidity & I'm a walking frizz-ball! Go for the GHDs! As the others have said, I couldn't live without mine!

BUY THEM !!! they are well worth the money and when you've got them you'll wonder how you ever lived without them.....say no more.

I have had mines since they first came out, and i couldnt live without mine. I went to the hairdresser where they use these too and they curled my hair withem and it lasted until i washed it out.They are fab!!

Latest posts

Back