To buy or not to buy? GHD Straightener....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew the thread was old but as my sis wants some straighteners for her birthday and I have heard some good and bad things about GHD's I wanted to know opinions.

I have cat ones because the Kodo ones were out of stock at the wholesalers at the time.

i wouldnt live without mine!! Iv had them for 3 years now and i straightnen, curl, and even flick out my hair with them. I have really thick hair and look like an idiot without using them! i would 100% recommend you get them, they are going for about 70 quid on ebay if u wanted some money off! i think direct from ghd they coost 100?? LJ

Definately BUY! Wouldnt be without mine now!

Buy, Buy, Buy!!!!

GHD's are fab!!!

I brought mine off ebay, got free gifts and next day delivery, for about £70

hth

i wouldnt be without my ghds.xxx:)

Does anybody have or used a GHD hair straightener?

I complimented someone about how lovely her hair looked and she told me she uses a GHD straightener!

They are pricey too! Are they worth it? Are there any products similar to them?
These are the best straighener on the market.
My hair is just like candy floss, and i can get fantastice results using ghd.

treat yourself to a set. you will never look back.

I complimented someone about how lovely her hair looked and she told me she uses a GHD straightener!

most definatly worth it. x x

I treated myself to some GHD's just after Christmas last year after trying 3 different types of 'cheaper' straightener (altogether they added up to more than what I spent on the GHD'S :lol: ).

THEY ARE BLIMMIN FANTASTIC!
I don't know what I would do without them. Worth EVERY penny. You're worth it, you know you are!​

buy buy buy...great value for money...theres not another name that can touch um xx

to curl you need the new ghd styler, it is AMAZING, curling with the old ghds is fine but the new one have a more rounded edge which means you get a continuous curl.
Ghd's are fantastic i wouldnt recommend anything else, dont forget to ALWAYS use a heat protector!!!!

Just noticed how old this thread is! Have you really not made up your mind yet? :lol: :lol:

i would also advise from a reputable company as there are alot of GHD fakes around, within the last year or so GHD started putting on the wire a holgraphic picture to represent authenticity.

The new ghds have a two year warranty!

i have used the ghd's several times and think there fab

but as i couldnt afford any at the time of mine old ones breaking i brought some FHI straightners from capital they are done in black and pink they were recommended to me by my hairdresser they cost £49 plus vat
and they are fab on par with ghd as good as... get very hot and do the job.

x

Yes they are great, my hair is thick and really curly and nothing does the job quite like these. I can toss my hair and wave it around as if I was part of that Timotei advert!!! I love them.

I have used GHD's for about 4-5 years now and in between I have tried different ones which have been rated but they do not in any way compare to the GHD's

I have used GHD's for about 4-5 years now and in between I have tried different ones, which have been rated but they do not in any way compare to the GHD's, regardless of the name. My daughter, who is 15, keeps asking to borrow my GHD's because they are better than any she has been given for birthdays or xmas. If mine for any reason did not work any more I would panic and buy another set of GHD's asap!! Happy straightening.

This might sound like a silly question, but I have never straightened my hair before (really quite frizzy and curly and very thick)... am fed up of it now and want a change so considering buying some GHDs (the wide plate ones).
Does your hair have to be dry before putting GHDs on it? Like bone dry?
I dont blow dry my hair, have always left it to dry naturally as there is soooo much of it i could never be bothered. Will i have to start doing this?

i was hinting that i wanted some for mothers day but it didn't happen

my old hairstylist swore by them, said she would never use anything but her ghd's

i seriously need to invest in some

Latest posts

Back