To buy or not to buy? GHD Straightener....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If straightners have the ionic technology with ceramic plates and heat surely others with the same technology work the same?

As a recommendation as a non-professional I've got a pair of Kodo's which have really good contact etc and cost half the price and work just as well as my friends GHD's.

I'd buy Kodo's again as they are half the price and work a treat.

This might sound like a silly question, but I have never straightened my hair before (really quite frizzy and curly and very thick)... am fed up of it now and want a change so considering buying some GHDs (the wide plate ones).
Does your hair have to be dry before putting GHDs on it? Like bone dry?
I dont blow dry my hair, have always left it to dry naturally as there is soooo much of it i could never be bothered. Will i have to start doing this?

Anyone???

This might sound like a silly question, but I have never straightened my hair before (really quite frizzy and curly and very thick)... am fed up of it now and want a change so considering buying some GHDs (the wide plate ones).
Does your hair have to be dry before putting GHDs on it? Like bone dry?
I dont blow dry my hair, have always left it to dry naturally as there is soooo much of it i could never be bothered. Will i have to start doing this?

Yes both of my stylist have always told me its important for the hair to be dry.

I have a strong wave to my hair and I get far better results blowing it first.

So personally I would say yes - whether a Hair Professional would agree I'm not sure HTH

Thank you Louise xxx

Mine were delivered this morning and it says in the guide thingie that hair should be blown straight first.
Must buy a hair dryer!

Latest posts

Back