To buy/rent or stay where I am?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa S

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just can't seem to make my mind up on this very big decision. At the moment and for the past 14 months I have rented a room in a hairdressers, my business is booming and my rent is low, but I am getting itchy feet. I could just do with more space, I can't retail products because I don't have the room and taking my tan tent up and down (which I have to each time) is driving me nuts. I do like it where I am but also keep thinking what it would be like If I had my own place. I am a busy mum also and what worries me is the stress of running my own shop and paying out probably double (or more) to what I am now. Have any of you been in this situation, if so, what did you do? I'm not getting any younger (43) and just don't know what to do. Thanks for any input xx

Hi

I knew a beauty therapist once who had 3 rooms above a hair dressers (well technically 4 which was a small reception area) she had a treatment room with couch etc one room which was tiled top to top (I presume was a bathroom/shower room at one point) had the tan tent and equipment in and the other room had a nail bar - she had loads of room to retail etc maybe instead of a whole salon on your own maybe a bigger space (or a couple of rooms) above a bigger hairdressers?

xx

I know that would be fab, I had the choice of a bigger one 14 months ago, wish I had gone for that now. I would just feel guilty leaving where I am to go to another hairdressers, but if that option came along, I would have to do what's best for me and the business. Thanks for replying x

Hi

Sorry I prob wasnt much help lol!! Youve gotta do whats best for you and your business Im sure the hairdressers would understand.

If you look at it this way, most jobs nowadays prob have a sell by date you start stay for afew years then either (hopefully get promoted) or a new opportunity comes up at another company, I for one wouldnt feel bad about taking a new position if I had worked hard and the opportunity was there

Its the same with your business - youve outgrown your current room and it isnt suitable for your business needs - its not personal to the hairdressers etc

good luck!!

xx

Latest posts

Back