To charge or not to charge, this is the question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my price list nail polish is included within a full set / rebalance / manicure / pedicure.

I do find that most clients don't have polish as they like the Calgel/L&P pink and white. But there is the occaisonal customer who would like to have them polished (literally 2 a week) so it doesn't really bother me that i don't charge them.

However, I do charge for a tidy up and polish, a french manicure, shape and polish etc....

I think every technician is different and your clientele will differ too, so base it on YOUR clients.

Do most of them WANT a polish? If so, like Geeg said, you should probably charge extra as added up it will take a chunk out of your day... But if not then i don't think it's worth it for one or two customers a week....

:green:

Hi Aphrodite

I haven't actually got a client base yet. I'm still a student, so its all just hypothetical. I will play it by ear, but what I feel comfortable with at the moment is including polish in my manicure and pedicure treatments, but charge extra to do french and put it as an extra for enhancements, as it seems most people want forever french these days.

Thanks for all your wisdom of knowledge - I love this website. I don't know any other forums like it

Latest posts

Back