To do or not to do?? Wet to Straight!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazzie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I just wanted some opinions on wet to straight irons. I was taught that they are extremely bad for your hair however don't know how factual this is?

Thanks

Hi Geeks

I just wanted some opinions on wet to straight irons. I was taught that they are extremely bad for your hair however don't know how factual this is?

Thanks

Hi Tazzie, Ive never really used them , are they on sale for professional hairdressers ? I dont think Ive ever seen them in the wholsalers :confused:
a couple of clients have said they are ok though , :hug: x

I don't think they are any better than dry irons ,you are only eliminating the hair dryer . Your applying heat , so it's gonna eventually damage it. :D

We use T3 wet or dry irons in our salons and they are a crowd pleaser Always use a hair defense though
We have sold a few and had no complaints
They are expensive but T3 do come with a 2 year warranty If you register them within 2 weeks of purchase
N

Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. They basically boil the hair dry. They seem to have been a fad about three years ago and then faded away (probably due to the product being a poor idea) I looked at them and the only difference I could see between them and a pair of GHDs is that they allowed the steam from the hair to vent off. Have you ever not dried your hair properly and heard the frizzelling of your hair as you straighten it?? IMHO stick with a decent heat protector on your hair (GHD - Tigi etc) dry with a hair dryer and then straighten.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I cannot imagine they are any good for your hair!!!
Surley like Scu8a8uddy siad they are just boiling the hair dry. normal straightners damage the hair so how can using them on wet hair do any good? dont like them sorry!! x

This is exactly whay i thought and when i went to the hair expo in brisbane a couple of months ago there was a professional range that uses them!!! Now we have a new stylist in work who says that she thinks it wold be agood idea to get one in and i'm really worried we are going to be sending out the totally wrong signal to our clients. Will have to think of a way to talk her round nicely.

thanks for all of your input guys xx

heres the product info :-
Wet-or-Dry's 1 3/4" white ceramic plates and built-in vents and channels enable the quickest and healthiest way to dry, detangle and straighten hair while it's still wet, leaving hair soft, sleek, shiny and super-hydrated all day. Especially designed but not limited to accommodate wet hair, the Wet-or-Dry utilizes a special channel and vent system that evaporates excess water and transforms hair into shiny super-smooth locks straight out of the shower. Boosted with the superior negative ionic and far infrared technology of genuine tourmaline, the Wet-or-Dry locks in moisture and long-lasting glossiness while drying hair to a perfectly set finish.
we sell tons no complaits from users

Latest posts

Back