To drill or not to drill...that is the question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybemine15

Reaction score
Hi
Can you use an eletric drill to blend down extremely thick acrylic away from the nail that come's from mma /nns places ) And if not..... What sort of acetone remover should you use ? I am asking this because i was sent to a clients home where a girl had nails applied by a man who appiled a whole tub of acrylic to her nail:( it was such a nitemare to remove no type acetone i used could remove them the client was resorted to biting them away and spitting the bits on my towel:o:o:o:sad:it was so embrassing i felt the client thought i could'nt do my job properly:sad: but it wasnt my fault it was the way the man had appiled the acrylic to her nail:?::?:
Id really be greatful for some answers on this thanks

I'm not sure if you're asking about de-bulking with an e-file for an infill or soaking off?

If you're talking about de-bulking with an e-file, it's absolutely acceptable, with training of course. An e-file is an excellent tool in trained hands. I always used my e-file and trust me, I NEVER used MMA crap. If you can find a carbide bit, it will make the task even easier. They're absolutely amazing and a nail professionals best friend.

If you're talking about soaking off, you can still use your e-file to de-bulk the acrylic. Remove as much as safely possible without touching the natural nail, then begin the soaking process in pure acetone.

No you understood me right thank you for your answer:D..I am looking to remove extremely thick acrylic, i just want to know should i use a drill to help me remove the acrylic but with out touching and damaging the natural nail.:D

Girl, then most definitely break out that e-file. Thick acrylic needs it. No...demands it!

An e-file is perfect for this application.

LOL thanks for your adivce:D
Im looking for a pink drill on ebay as i speak:lick: and of course learn how to use it safely:D

Oooooh no! Never buy your major implements and products from eBay! They may look cute and all but there's no guarantee if what you're getting is good or will even work properly.

I LOVE MY KUPA EFILE. I also love my PNI25A from premier nail source. Both are wonderful with warranties should you drop(heaven forbid) I did once.
My process for thick acrylic is to prep(remove polish etc) perhaps put a bit of oil or petrolium jelly on the skin around the nails, and start her soaking. Then I file soak file soak file soak. As one hand is soaking I file the other. I advise, if using a bowl, ask you client to only dip her fingertips, and for heavens sake, do NOT slosh them around and do NOT keep taking then out "to see how they're doing"! LOL I'm amazed when they try to fit their whole hand down in my little bowl. Smh.
For thinner applications, which I prefer, I simply wrap with wool/cotton and foil for a few minutes, then a light file usually finishes it off.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I absolutely love my efile.... detailing nails is so much nicer to do, its just something you can't do with a nail file. If you just want to take the bulk off absolutely use the efile, just be sure to more all around the nail, don't focus on one area at a time because it will brun, even through very thick acrylic. If you are wanting to fully remove the nail, you still want to make the acrylic as thin as possible and then soak the last bit off with acetone and gently scrape with an orangewood stick.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

I LOVE MY KUPA EFILE. I also love my PNI25A from premier nail source.
Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Girl, I love this place! It's here in Tampa. I'm ALWAYS in there!

Oooooh no! Never buy your major implements and products from eBay! They may look cute and all but there's no guarantee if what you're getting is good or will even work properly.
Yeah i do see what your saying with ebay being dodgy..:D

Latest posts

Back