To file or not to file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail creations

Reaction score
This is for the gel geeks when you have applied your gel at the end do you file as you would with acrylic or do you just leave it and apply a uv top coat?
Just curious as to what you all do.

i always refine the shape and then buff over the gel with a white block to make sure the surface is nice and smooth before i put my glossing gel over the top.

I file prior to applying top gloss. I blend zone 3...refine the free edge and sides....and white block the surface. Check all angles and remove dust and scrub fresh. HTH x

I always refine and check shape before finishing!

I file prior to applying top gloss. I blend zone 3...refine the free edge and sides....and white block the surface. Check all angles and remove dust and scrub fresh. HTH x

Yep this is what I do hth x

me too! I always check file and glaze CFG lol

me too, though usually with a self levelling gel filling needed is minimal if you have your technique correct :)

me too, though usually with a self levelling gel filling needed is minimal if you have your technique correct :)

I find that too - with Bio I usually just fix up the free edge with the file before sealing, unless I see a problem area.

I always finish-file before applying the gloss/uv top coat.
I have tried different types of gel and different brands... self levelling, semi-self levelling.. and no matter how good I get it..
There is always that little bit that needs adjustment before the gloss.

same here, I always refine and check shape before apply the UV top coat/gloss.

I to always refine my shape and check from all angels then file with 180 grit file then a buffer before applying my UV topcoat.

Latest posts

Back