To glove or not to glove?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
That is the question.....

Do you believe we should glove up for each and every service for each and every client ?

Or do you believe that it is only necessary to glove up for certain treatments and why?

No. I think human touch is so important and can be totally overlooked. Even the finest of gloves is still not skin on skin. I wear gloves for intimate waxing and nothing else - the only time human touch isn't required lol.

I see gloves as a totally unnecessary precaution. We touch each other paying for things, nurses touch patients etc. If a therapist wants to wear gloves then so be it but if I went for a treatment and a therapist was wearing gloves I think I'd be a little put out!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think now that most professional bodies Habias for instance state gloves for waxing and certain other treatments we should get used to them and wear them.

For many years I never used gloves at all for anything not even electrolysis.It wasn't until the 80s with aids that needles became disposable and we just never even had gloves to put on at college.

I wouldn't wear them for most treatments though not manicure or pedicure,tinting and certainly not facials and massage.

What does amaze me are the amount of people in the medical profession who don't wear them.My mum recently had a heart attack and a couple of nurses took her blood without gloves on and I've had blood taken for a colesterol test again no gloves.

I wear gloves for intimate waxing. It's a must, no argument. Gloves for Spraytans an applying SV oil. Gloves for a pedicure if they are bad or verrucas.

Oh and gloves when cleaning my wax pots:)

Gloves for all waxing except facial waxing
Tans it doesn't matter unless your gun leaks
Nails no gloves

Gloves for all my waxing treatments.

I worked at a spa where some therapists wore gloves for body treatments including facials!!

I wear them for waxing. Always.

Sometimes do for nails too but only to protect my own gelicure from acetone or polish remover!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wear them for waxing. I don't wear them for any of the other treatments I do. Treatments like Facials and massage especially are much more enjoyable for a client with skin to skin contact in my opinion. I don't treat anyone who is contra indicated for any of my treatments so don't need to wear gloves to avoid contact with any skin or fungal infections.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wear gloves for pedicures, tanning, waxing & exfoliation/peel treatments.

I do wear gloves for every treatment :) even a simple file and polish !

It's just my personal preference to keep my hands protected or else they can crack from all the acetone etc

For waxing I wear them because I am paranoid about coming into contact with other people bodily fluid , it's so simple to pop on a pair of gloves that I see it silly to risk cross infection of any kind , clients usually don't even notice :)

I stick with good hand hygiene when I'm doing nails, but I am funny about feet and do wear gloves for the prep stage. I suppose I just don't feel that they are totally taken care of by my Mundo foot spray to start the service.

In my other job we use universal precautions for everyone if we are going into a situation of body fluids, so gloves, aprons, safe disposal etc etc. For everyday injections my personal preference is no gloves.

I use for waxing, pedicures and spray tanning.

Why not use them, the clients dnt notice and it protects your hands.

Yes touch is important that is why during "touchy feely" treatments the gloves stay off but do I really want to have wax all over my hands etc. No.

Like I say clients dnt even mention it, it's not like im making a big show of putting on the gloves.

Its for my protection and theirs.

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wear them for all waxing.
Tinting (only to stop me getting tiny on myself)
Pedicures (only the prep stage)

I couldn't wearvthem for facials or massages as that must be uncomfortable for the client x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wear them for all waxing & at the beginning of a pedicure when I sanitise the feet & check for contra-indications but once I'm happy that there aren't any I take them off.

😃 x

I only wear gloves for electrolysis, self tanning and Callus Peel (else it makes my skin bubble!). I don't wear them for waxing, but then I don't do any intimate waxing.

I only wear them for intimate waxing and chemical peels

I wear them for all waxing, hands and feet treatments up to the point of product application, and spray tanning ... All to protect my own nails but if clients think I am being hygienic then that's a bonus.

Jacqui x

I wear for removing tint on brows/lashes, man/ped when using acetone based products for my protection to save getting tint on me or dissolving my mani.
When strip waxing as hate wax on me - easier to change a glove and bikini and underarms for client comfort - I think it's psychologically better for them not to touch their skin near bikini, and to protect me from any body fluids in case of blood spotting. X

I wear gloves for pedicures, all waxing and tanning. Would never wear them for a facial or massage!

I wear glove for intimate waxing, spray tanning (to protect my hands from stray solution) and callus peel application. I wash my hands loooooads, and use anti bac gel between washes.

:)

Latest posts

Back