To Nsi or Not to Nsi!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the a general downside of odourless monomer systems - they have a tendency to be less colour stable and have increased service breakdown. For many, this is a even trade off for the odourless capabilities.

CND has had an odourless monomer in development for years - however like they did with Brisa, they wont release it until they feel they have made a significant advancement on the associated limitations (i.e. discolouring). Hopefully this won't be too far off in the future!

You could always try looking into a gel system if you want odourless but not the downsides of odourless monomer, however just like everything in life, there are other trade offs with a different system. In the case of a gel system, those trade offs could be positive for you!

Best of luck in choosing your system!

i did notice the yellowing very slight about 2 weeks after i had my nails done (by myself), i buffed them, put cuticle oil then repainted them with a uv top coat, the yellow has gone. Another way to get rid of the yellow tinge is too wipe the nail with a non lint pad wet with acetone.

Last edited:
i no longer use Nsi, i use powdered gel so much better to work with

Hi
The major trick with an aroma free product, is you can NOT use it the same as you would an EMA based tradition acrylic liquid. It has a thicker viscostiy and needs to be used super dry. When you pick up your bead, let it wet out and pick up some more powder, let it wet out, and you will probably need to dip lightly one more time. It will set a little slower as well. If it feels sticky, then you are too wet. Once you get the hang of it...it is an awesom line.
Good luck

hey Dionne1 whats powdered gel?

Powdered Gel?? Can you be more specific as to the product you are using?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back