To Paint or to Pay - that is the question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondered how you approach the 'would you mind paying me before I paint' scenario.

I was debating putting up a polite notice on the nail station, to explain my reasons, i.e their varnish will smudge.

How do you all tackle it, some people feel that it's a bit rude to be asked to pay when they havent seen the finished product. Especially if they are just in for a quick varnish.

Pearls of wisdom are always greatly appreciated.

Just before I get ready to varnish - I politely ask if they would like to pay before varnishing and get out car keys and diary for next appointment. Most clients appreciate this as they dont want their varnish to smudge nor do they want to sit around for a while afterwards before doing the business end.

Most of my regulars will remind me if I forget LOL.

yes same here just a simple would you like to pay before we polish so you don't smudge, also put on coat, fetch keys, use the bathroom etc!

use a u.v top coat like young nails finish, works great over polish and its dry in 1 minute in u.v light.

I found once they've smudged their nail varnish you never have to ask..lol mine pay before polish without asking now...I think they've learnt that if they pay before then they sneak afew gems on there too without paying for them..lol

Hi, Does this go immediately over polish?? Does it crack or chip after???How does it look after two weeks??
Iv'e tried a couple of uv top coats to see if I would get a dry polish result, but it has usually cracked!
Sue
angel fingers said:
use a u.v top coat like young nails finish, works great over polish and its dry in 1 minute in u.v light.

Welsh Geek said:
Hi, Does this go immediately over polish?? Does it crack or chip after???How does it look after two weeks??
Iv'e tried a couple of uv top coats to see if I would get a dry polish result, but it has usually cracked!
Sue
wait a min while the polish touch dries, then apply y.n finish then cure. lasts 2 weeks, i dont do many polishes but have never seen it crack. i use it over my polish to stop it getting trashed at work. use it over unpolished and polished enhancements and its fab for protecting nail art. i have also used it over my own polished natural nails, but it has to be buffed off so care has to be taken in the removal. :)

angel fingers said:
Can you actually dry nails under u.v.light after an ordinary manicure for natural nails? What is u.v. top coat?

sequinto said:
Can you actually dry nails under u.v.light after an ordinary manicure for natural nails? What is u.v. top coat?
u.v light will not dry regular polish. there are two types of u.v top coat available, one is like a regular top coat but you cure it in a u.v nail lamp to set it, with this type it is possible to remove the top coat with a polish remover.[i use millenium u.v top coat costs about £2.50].then there are gel type products that need to be filed off , the one i use [young nails finish] is thin like a regular top coat and is applied like polish and then cured for one minute in u.v light. [costs about £15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back