To Refund or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Put a set of gel nails on new client on 6th August as she was going away for a week.Well phoned salon today as I go into salon on Thursdays to see if I had any bookings and owner told me lady had phoned and said mostly all her nails had come on before she went away! She's booked back in for this Thursday for complete new set,but wants me to phone her first.I suspect she wants a refund or a reduced price set. What do you suggest I do? The most annoying thing is I gave her a free mini reading as I'm a medium too while she was having her nails done!

Put a set of gel nails on new client on 6th August as she was going away for a week.Well phoned salon today as I go into salon on Thursdays to see if I had any bookings and owner told me lady had phoned and said mostly all her nails had come on before she went away! She's booked back in for this Thursday for complete new set,but wants me to phone her first.I suspect she wants a refund or a reduced price set. What do you suggest I do? The most annoying thing is I gave her a free mini reading as I'm a medium too while she was having her nails done!

You did them on the 6th, and then she went away for a week, which means she was back on the 15th ish? And she's only telling you now?

Phone her, and try and work out for yourself if she's pulling a fast one. It might even be worth asking around colleagues in other salons to see if they've heard of her - slippery customers tend to sneak around getting what they can.

Our salon policy is to see any problem nails whilst the problem is occurring- we don't refund but we would willingly rectify any issues which we feel are down to application.

Personally, I would contact her and ask her what had happened to her nails and say that its a shame she didnt contact you when the problems started to give you a chance to inspect the nails and then you would have happily rectified any problem which were down to application. But that she is more than welcome to come in for another set at the usual charge. :hug:

You'll be able to tell if they had 'client interference' so no refund or really did not bond and 'fell off'. That cannot be decided over the phone.

If they didn't bond and just fell off should I offer a refund then? I'm under the impression that clients got them all off now from what owner said.My gut instinct tells me somethings not right with her story.When I told her about my mediumship and healer she started rattling on about how she's like it! Yeah right! And how she would love to do it for a job.Could it be a touch of jealousy?

Latest posts

Back