To Renewal or Not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claddagh Nails

Irish Geekette
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hoping that you guys may give me some feedback on whether or not to renewal my membership to ANT!

I have gone back and read most of the posts regarding ANT the pros & cons on their membership and I know a lot of geeks had more negative things to say (now I don't want to open a can of worms here). Was totally green when I first joined and the subscription to PN was great, but have never heard any thing from them. I don't have insurance through them as they didn't cover the ROI.
Has any thing changed or are there any benefits to joining for technicians outside the UK?
Better still is there a Association for us wee Irish techs?

I read that Rachel aka-Chocolate was writing a newsletter for them and things where to improve!!!

Any feedback would be great.

Maybe this is an opportunity to start an Irish Association of Nail Technicians that will do something for YOU.

Most professional bodies do have an association or associations to which professionals belong to give help and advise when needed on a variety of subjects as well as to help to regulate the industry as a whole .... a watchdog role ... if you like.

If the association is doing nothing for you, or you feel it is doing nothing period, then there is your answer.

I do feel that we technicians need a proactive association BUT more importantly we need a membership that is also active and not passive. We need members to drive the association. There is much apathy among members and maybe it is because the association does nothing to inspire any activity. Food for thought.

Food for thought indeed Gigi. I chose to renew my ANT membership, purely for the reason that I wanted to belong to our Association and because there is currently no alternative. We are being promised this that and the other but we don't seem to get our views acknowledged.

If any one out there wants to start an alternative association that will back up its claims and promises then I think there will be a queue of members ready to sign up.

I will not be renewing my ANT membership until there is change.

During my membership year i have had nothing from them apart from my certificate which had to be amended and re-sent.

Sorry to be negative about this but id rather invest my money in training until ANT is active !

kx

Thanks for the reply,

geeg said:
Maybe this is an opportunity to start an Irish Association of Nail Technicians that will do something for YOU.

Oh wouldn't this be great, I have searched to find a nail only association here in Ireland and couldn't find any (correct me if I'm wrong). Have got in touch with IBPA and they are sending out some info to me, so I'll wait to see what they have to offer.

geeg said:
I do feel that we technicians need a proactive association BUT more importantly we need a membership that is also active and not passive. We need members to drive the association. There is much apathy among members and maybe it is because the association does nothing to inspire any activity. Food for thought.

I totally agree with what you have said, but feel that ANT were not offering very much for techs outside the uk. Will put it on hold for the moment and see what happens with IBPA

Latest posts

Back