To stress strip or not to stress strip, that is the question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
I'm doing a fibreglass natural nail overlay this evening. I'm sure that i was taught that you only use a stress strip when applying tips - is that correct or should i use a stress strip anyway? my mind has deserted me and i've gone blank :o

You must do a full wrap of the nail, wet with resin then if deemed necessary for extra strenght apply a stress strip and wet again...htp

Hi Carole

I'm pretty sure both you and Louise are Star Nails Technicians :?: If this is the case, then her advice is more likely to reflect your training than mine is, but I ALWAYS apply a stress strip AND a full wrap to the nail for natural nail wraps (and my main treatment is natural nail wraps - they call me the Nail Wrap Queen in my local area :0 !! :lol: .

I'm a Backscratchers technician, but HTHs anyway,

G. xx

Thanx ladies - i needed that confirmation. I'll see if i think it necessary but i guess its better to be safe than sorry!!

Btw, you are right in your assumption that Louise and I are both Star Nails technicians but i think this kind of stuff is fairly generic - isnt it??

Up To Scratch said:
Hi Carole

I'm pretty sure both you and Louise are Star Nails Technicians :?: If this is the case, then her advice is more likely to reflect your training than mine is, but I ALWAYS apply a stress strip AND a full wrap to the nail for natural nail wraps (and my main treatment is natural nail wraps - they call me the Nail Wrap Queen in my local area :0 !! :lol: .

I'm a Backscratchers technician, but HTHs anyway,

G. xx

Hi G

I use Fabric hence I find i only need to wrap the nail - but with Star and found a stress strip essential, but with Fabric only necessary for my more heavy handed ladies....I an apply this to either natural wrap or for tips...

Sorry G if that was misleading - i meant that Louise was originally Star Nails trained but forgot to mention that she uses fabric#.

Hope that clarifies this!

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back