To tea, or not to tea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
that is the question....

I offer beauty treatments & have moved into a rented room twice a week. When I was mobile I didn't have to worry about offering refreshments as clients would pop their own kettle on etc, but now I'd like to offer drinkies.

I'm wondering when you lot offer a drink.... for example, if someones in for a quick brow wax, you kind of dont want them hanging around with a big mug of tea... they pop on the bed, pop off again and off they go in about 15 minutes. Most of my nail services are around 30 mins to an hour- time enough for a drink so is it weird to only offer drinks with certain services?

I used to rent in a hair salon and everyone got a drink (hair clients) but they were usually in for longer than half hour so it made sense.

What services do you offer a drink with? is it weird to be selective lol? xx

It's not so much about being selective, but about timings & practicalities of whether they'll be finished their treatment & their drink in time for your next client! I personally wouldn't offer a drink for something like an eyebrow wax, it's just not practical. If you wanted to offer because you feel mean, you could say "can I get you a glass of water?" That way it's a closed question. It's really one for you to judge on a client by client basis. I'm mobile based, but I do a few ladies at home (mostly nails) their regulars so I know what they like to drink, so it's always there waiting for them, but it's always a treatment, where they'll have time for one! But I do have some ladies that I do, where I've been going for years & I've NEVER been offered a drink, which I think is weird! But one client that springs to mind said, (when she came to me once, when I offered her a drink) "oh I've never offered you one because I think how can you do nails & drink at the same time!?" .......ERRRRRR I DON'T![emoji15][emoji15] some people eh!! X

Thanks Fluffy! Its kind of what my OH said- he said don't advertise drinks but offer them when you think theres time.

I'm a total feeder by nature, so I tend to go over board with stuff like this anyway! And sometimes I just think I look for interesting ways to spend my money..... I haven't even decided what to do yet but picked up a cracking Dulce Gusto machine yesterday pmsl!

So thinking about it, its only really nails that are practical.. I do lashes too, but although they would have the time to drink it (45 mins) they are lying down with their eyes closed...... straws and sippy cups???
xx

Thanks Fluffy! Its kind of what my OH said- he said don't advertise drinks but offer them when you think theres time.

I'm a total feeder by nature, so I tend to go over board with stuff like this anyway! And sometimes I just think I look for interesting ways to spend my money..... I haven't even decided what to do yet but picked up a cracking Dulce Gusto machine yesterday pmsl!

So thinking about it, its only really nails that are practical.. I do lashes too, but although they would have the time to drink it (45 mins) they are lying down with their eyes closed...... straws and sippy cups???
xx

[emoji38][emoji38]

We only really offer with nails - fingers or toes. If they're having removals as well, we get them soaking then get the kettle on. It works well x

Ugh when I used to work in a hair salon the apprentice would offer my lash clients hot drinks
It used to do my head in-I've got people booked back to back and I'm waiting for clients to finish drinks as they come into my room or finish them after lash extensions-then it's gone cold and they want another one!! (I've actually had clients want another tea if their first ones gone cold as they've had a lying down treatment, then they've gone through to reception to sit there drinking it til they're ready to leave hahaha
And the client doesn't seem to think they won't be able to drink it as they're going to be lying down! All they think about is having a cup of tea [emoji23]

It's just more about common sense and what's practical. I work from my home beauty room and I only offer drinks when I'm doing nails; manicure or pedicure. A wee brow/facial wax they're not in long enough, HD Brows, lashes and body waxing they will be lying back or lying down so not practical.
Also for obvious reasons wouldn't offer a drink with a spray tan either lol.
If someone asked for a glass of water fine, but pointless offering a hot drink with treatments where they can't actually drink it! X

We only really offer with nails - fingers or toes. If they're having removals as well, we get them soaking then get the kettle on. It works well x

Do you have a dishwasher for the cups? Who is in charge in the salon to wash them? Thank you

Latest posts

Back