To the friendless geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xelliex

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have been following the friendless geeks thread and was amazed to see how many people are alone/friendless (me being one). Since moving to a completely new area with my bf and being out of work I have really struggled. Im back to studying with Essential nails after having to give it up due to work commitments before I was made redundant. The hand trainer is great but not quite the same as a real person who you interact with ect. Anyway, that I can deal with and is not something that worries me. What does concern me is when Im actually out there "mobile". I don't know anyone to gain from "word of mouth" or Facebook. If I did create a page nobody would be on there! So my question is.. how did my fellow friendless geeks build business/clients without knowing anyone?

Ellie xx

P.S. Im starting with nails but also plan to offer other services in the future!

when i first started most of my clients were strangers, just from advertising over facebook really and other free advertising sites....you can boost posts,and choose which area's/age groups to target...i think like 90% of my clients come from facebook! I do competitions every now and again to boost the likes on my page works really well xx

Do a set of eye catching nails on yourself, look up different hand poses , take into consideration back round etc and get a really good , clear picture of them and put that up on facebook and create a competition out of it, say you'll give away one free set of nails if they like , share and tag a friend , will increase your likes and give you someone to practice on [emoji3]

See if there is a local business group you can join - a way to meet friends and potential clients! Try liking local businesses on.facebook, you may find you get a like back and increase the visibility of your page. Perhaps try joining a local class of some description too? Maybe Zumba or the like? Giving a gift certificate to a couple of local charities for their raffles will also get your name out there! Xx

Thanks guys, I will definitely take your advise! Xx

Defiantly try local groups Hun

Hi everyone!

I have been following the friendless geeks thread and was amazed to see how many people are alone/friendless (me being one). Since moving to a completely new area with my bf and being out of work I have really struggled. Im back to studying with Essential nails after having to give it up due to work commitments before I was made redundant. The hand trainer is great but not quite the same as a real person who you interact with ect. Anyway, that I can deal with and is not something that worries me. What does concern me is when Im actually out there "mobile". I don't know anyone to gain from "word of mouth" or Facebook. If I did create a page nobody would be on there! So my question is.. how did my fellow friendless geeks build business/clients without knowing anyone?

Ellie xx

P.S. Im starting with nails but also plan to offer other services in the future!

We share a name xx But hope all goes well in future the great thin about beauty and nails is the interaction. You will make new friends in no time.

Latest posts

Back