To the geeks with 'POBS' i need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
If this should be chit chat i apologise!

The POB/BOB cut, how easy is it to look after? Does it suit everyone or is it a no no on some people? Does it take a long time to style?

I'm sick of just tieing mine up so have decided to get it all chopped off - and believe me there is a lot to cut off so its quite drastic for me!!
(im on the left on my profile pic)

If this should be chit chat i apologise!

The POB/BOB cut, how easy is it to look after? Does it suit everyone or is it a no no on some people? Does it take a long time to style?

I'm sick of just tieing mine up so have decided to get it all chopped off - and believe me there is a lot to cut off so its quite drastic for me!!
(im on the left on my profile pic)

I have a bob and think its quite easy to look after, wash my hair 2/3 times a week when I don't wash it I just straighten it, its quite manageable.

Ju xxx

if you have an oval face you will get away with most styles
i have a short bob , and all i do is straighten it , coz my hairs is a pain and curls with the least amount of humidity , but i like it , its easy :green: which counts for a lot
i had mine done when i broke my arm and dave couldnt put a bobble in , and i had it tied up mostly , so i got it all hacked off , and much prefer it , hth xx

my hairs is a pain and curls with the least amount of humidity ,

mine does this too - and when its long it takes a lot of straightening which is another reason why im sick of it!!! xx

I have a pob too, it is the best hairstyle Ive had ... easy to manage, pull a straightner through my hair in a morning & whaalaa its done 10 minutes later! I previously had long curly hair to my bra strap - ish, but its the best ever thing i ever had done is cut it, the only let down though is if Im having a "off" morning, I cant just chuck it up in a bobble as its too short!

Chop it off & show us yer pics lmao :green:

Hi Rachel

I have a POB. My hair was as long as yours as I grew it for my wedding last year.

I am so glad I had it done. My hair is naturally curly but I have no problem managing it at all. I was it every other day and in between I straighten it. I think it helps if you have a good pair of straighteners too.

Go for it, mine is quite short at the back and long at the sides, but I had it cut shorter gradually. HTH

I had a bob cut a couple of months ago too, it was mid vack length before. I have had it cut even shorter than in my avatar pic now because I like it so much! It is so easy to dry - it used to take me at least an hour to dry and staighten it before - now im all done in 10 mins!!! Go for it!!:green:

Your hair sounds like mine Rachy, it curls up and was taking me far too long to do anything with, I got the POB and its brill. I wash it 3 times a week, takes me 10 mins to dry it and then straighten its fab. Go for it!!

well i figured it would be quick cos i could straighten the front and fringe and with the back being layered - just mess it up.

but last time i had a bob it was a one length chin length jobby and took forever cos if you didnt get it dead straight it looked horrendous.

Sorry to buck the trend but I had mid back length hair before and because my hair is so thick and goes frizzy easy was sick of fussing with it so had a POB cut - now don't get me wrong I love the way it looks but can't wait for it to grow back as im sick of the lack of versatility, its one style and thats it....I also don't really find it low maintenance because before if I was having a bad 'do day I could just scrape it up into a ponytail but now I have to do it properly. Just MO!

Sorry to buck the trend but I had mid back length hair before and because my hair is so thick and goes frizzy easy was sick of fussing with it so had a POB cut - now don't get me wrong I love the way it looks but can't wait for it to grow back as im sick of the lack of versatility, its one style and thats it....I also don't really find it low maintenance because before if I was having a bad 'do day I could just scrape it up into a ponytail but now I have to do it properly. Just MO!

ahh u see this is what i was worried about! xx

I have one and love it !

My hair is very wavey and i just wash it twice a week and straighten it and it tends to look tidy all the time - unless it rains:irked:

It was fairly long b4 so its nice to have a change.

I went shorter and shorter and shorter !

Only thing i would say is........i said this to bagpuss when we went out the other day....EVERY ONE has got em now:eek:so i may 'adapt' my style a bit !

AMb xx

It is a good point about the lack of versatility, my friends growing hers out because there isn't much you can do with it. If its a bad hair day u have to straighten it or look bad.

I had mine cut into one months ago and I did have long hair and I love it so easy to manage :) Go for it

Rach:

TBH..I had long hair (naturally curly big ringlets)
I got tired of all the hair in my face all the time..
Last year, I got it all cut off to a just below the chin layered bob. I loved it the first 3 months. I started getting fustrated with it after that. I had to do it every morning, I couldn't tie it back or put a barette in it for a fast and easy do.
To wear it curly, I looked like I had a afro.So I had to straighten it every morning.
To me it lack versatility and took me longer to do then my long curly hair.
I now have it grown out just past my shoulders. I finally can put it up in a short little pony tail to get it out of my face when I am bending over in my garden working.

Some people love the simplicity of it. Some like me, love change on a daily basis.

Ask yourself what you are?.

If you are shy of jumping in all the way and getting it above your shoulders, then just get it cut to the collar bone..if you like that, next cut go to the top of your shoulders..next cut go to just above your shoulders so it swings free..

Do it in baby steps.
Do you want a inverted bob? A straight across bob? A layered bob? all one length bob?

The thing with bobs are that they are a very percision cut and need regular maintance.

BTW...You posted in the right area..:wink2:

Rach:

Do you want a inverted bob? A straight across bob? A layered bob? all one length bob?

The thing with bobs are that they are a very percision cut and need regular maintance.

BTW...You posted in the right area..:wink2:

decisions decisions!! definately not all one length cos my hair is really thick. im booked in at 9am my hairdresser is pretty good - think ill have a longer one first then can go shorter!! i know its only hair and it will grow - but im fussy!! i need something easy to manage and im sick of tieing it up xx

decisions decisions!! definately not all one length cos my hair is really thick. im booked in at 9am my hairdresser is pretty good - think ill have a longer one first then can go shorter!! i know its only hair and it will grow - but im fussy!! i need something easy to manage and im sick of tieing it up xx

Sounds like you are due for a change. This is why I did it and truthfully, I loved it for about the first 3 months. I felt free, light and sassy..It was all good then I started wanting to do More with it like get it out of my face when bending over..

Good luck with it hun. You will feel refreshed!

i love the bob we cut it many ways in our salon. long, to very short.
i like to do it in a swing then when they get braver for a shorter cut i can do many things with it.....short in back with whispy neck or not and then cut points out of the front or not it can be curled or straightened. mine grows out very fast so i have now taken to the very short with whispy neck and lots of points to the face down to below the chin. i think it is a good cut on anyone :smack:

Latest posts

Back