To tint or not to tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
Hi all :)

The centre that I work in has just moved premises, and there used to be a Salon here before us. I've had a lot of clients coming in for brow waxes and tints not realising that we aren't the same salon. This is great because it means new clients for us, but they don't realise that they need tint tests 24 hours before and many aren't prepared to wait. I'm thinking that I should do the regular consulation with record card, and explain to them that by signing the record card they confirm they have had no reactions to previous tinting treatments and they agree to the treatment commencing.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place here. On the one hand, we want to do everything properly and by the book, but on the other we can't afford to turn clients away as this is a new side to the business.
What would you do?

i know its hard and you feel stuck but dont back down make them have that tint test and get them a new client card as you never know reactions can occur after tinting for years also you could use diffrent tints to the other salon or she may not have carried out a test on that client for 12months or worse not at all then you salon will be finished before you even start.

chin up thought when all salons say that to them thay will realsie and come back they usally do!!!

hope you make a great success of it xxxx

Were these clients already booked in? If not then they should be notified at the time of booking that a new test is required.

If you go ahead and carry out the treatment without a new test then your insurance is invalid if anything were to go wrong. Just point that out to them and they will hopefully understand the necessity for it.

It is hard when faced with the difficult client who insists that they want to go ahead without a tint test.One of my bosses once said that it was okay for me to do tints as long as I got the client to sign a disclaimer,well sorry but a disclaimer isn't worth the paper it's written on,we would be laughed out of court if anyone lost their eyesight and we admitted we hadn't carried out a tint test but got the client to sign a disclaimer.

I point blank refuse to carry out any tinting unless a tint test has been carried out at least 24hrs prior.Also if they havn't been in for some time then another tint test is carried out,this is because companies change their ingredients and a client may have developed a reaction to one of the new ingredients in between appointments.

Once it's all explained to the client they are 99%of the time fine,occasionaly you will get the odd one who isn't happy,but hey, we cant please em all.For me my clients welfare comes first and also my job.I'm not risking either for anything.:hug:

I have no problem explaining it for clients who call in advance, and they are quite happy to have it done. I think with the previous salon they were used to just turning up and asking for a tint then and there, so that's what they have been doing. Rather than book say, a week before their eyebrows need waxing, they just turn up and ask for a wax and tint on the spot. Some aren't even prepared to wait if we have other appointments, lol.

I have no problem explaining it for clients who call in advance, and they are quite happy to have it done. I think with the previous salon they were used to just turning up and asking for a tint then and there, so that's what they have been doing. Rather than book say, a week before their eyebrows need waxing, they just turn up and ask for a wax and tint on the spot. Some aren't even prepared to wait if we have other appointments, lol.

Blimey!!!:eek: Total re-education of the clients required I think!:lol::lol:

Don't do it, it's just not worth it! As Babs says, disclaimers are worth nothing if it should come to someone making a claim against you.
The thing is too, that if they go to another salon, the other salon should also require them to have a patch test, so they'd still have to wait for 24 hours anyway. Doesn't seem much point in them going off in a strop to me.:)

I wouldn't do any tinting without a patch test 24 hours prior to treatment. As Babs said a disclaimer aint worth a figin court.

Clients should understand that you are putting their safety and your reputation top of your list, if they don't understand tough tittie, just don't compromise on your standards.

also remeber that these particular clients will be the first to complain of something goes wrong!!!

Thanks guys :hug: I've explained this to my boss, who isn't a beauty therapist, and explained that we need to start as we mean to go on, with the highest standards from start to finish. And if that means losing a few potential clients to the dive down the road, so be it. She agrees :) I have a great boss, lol.

Latest posts

Back