Today cancer stole my mother

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I feel guilty for upsetting so many of you. Yesterday we went to collect mums death certificate and it really hit me. I've been at that hospital all year - I had a miscarriage in Jan then my mum was there from March-Sep, my son was born in Nov and mum went back in December. For me 2012 was the worst year of my life - and it hurts to say that because my son was born that year.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm so very sorry to read this misslady. I can't imagine how you must feel.

Don't be hard on yourself lovey, I'm not surprised that's how you feel, you've had an incredibly tough year.

I hope you find some kind of peace this year, hug your bubba, remember your beautiful mum and know we are all thinking of you, your geek family.

much love x x x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My mum lost her very best friend a few weeks ago - we found out her cancer had come back (in her liver) on the Tuesday evening, planned to visit her on the Wednesday, but at 5.50am Wednesday morning she was gone!

Such a horrible shock, but I know this: although cancer took her far too early, she really did have her own way... the lovely lady we lost never wanted to be in extended pain, or for her family to watch her deteriorate and die slowly. She didn't have long to spend suffering, or to be frightened of what was to come. It's just VERY difficult for those left behind. You probably feel robbed of 10/20/30 years - but years spent in suffering and worry are not years we would want for those we love.

As so many others have said, I think the best thing is to immerse yourself in your wonderful boys. I'm sure when you look into their eyes you will see yourself at times? Well, your mum is there inside you in just the very same way - we mothers leave an indelible mark on our children, and I'm sure that will come through and you will touch your own children's hearts the same way she has touched yours.

Every memory you have of her, write it down and keep it in a special book with favourite photos of her in it. A story she used to tell, a daft habit she had, a joke she always got wrong, special times you spent together... This will be something precious to keep and something your boys can enjoy when they are older.

I'm so sorry this had to happen, but I hope that each day heals your hurt a little more. I will be thinking of you and will include you and your family in my prayers. xx

I'm so sorry to hear your news. My mum also passed at a difficult time. I was three weeks off having my first child when my mum died and then 6 weeks later my dad died too. Give those kids of yours millions of hugs and kisses, it helps to get over it.

Xxx

Really very sorry to hear of your loss, Thoughts are with you and your family x

Terribly sad. I can't imagine how devastated & shocked you must be. My thoughts are with you :hug:

Oh misslady that is such sad news, plenty of hugs, cups of tea & good vibes to you & your family. Life is a funny thing, one minute you can be here having the time of your life & the next, something like this happens, it really is tragic. Awful, horrible things happen to us & as humans, we're very resilient, keep your head up high if you can & seek comfort in the good times & happy memories that you shared. Take care my lovely x

Didn't want to read & run.

Big big hugs to you & your family xxxxx

Im so sorry to hear about your mom.

Sending you a huge hug xx

So sorry to hear that. Sending you a hug x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Oh huni, I am so so sorry for your loss and send you big hugs.

After loosing my dad at the age of 15, there were 4 girls together with my mum, me and 3 sisters until 7 years ago when my mum passed. At the grand old age of 41, I felt like an orphan.

I was completely lost without her and my son was only 8 months old, but as has been said, talk about her lots to your boys, pictures scattered around, share memories with them and I'm sure like my son, they will feel that they knew her just as well as you. My son regularly talks about "nanny star" and thats just the way I like it.

My thoughts and prays are with you my lovely

H xx

My nana had cancer last August & had a third of her lung removed, 2 rounds of chemo later & it had gone.

A scan 3 weeks ago showed it had come back worse than ever & a McMillan support nurse said to her Xmas eve do you want to die at home or in a hospice, so it's not looking good. Cancer is an awful disease.

So very sad about your mum, sending you a big hug xxx

This is just awful, I'm so sorry for you. :hug:

So nearly a week has passed and now I smile a bit more each day. I don't think that I am over it (how do you get over your mum passing away anyway?) but it's definitely getting easier knowing that mum is in a better place. A few days have passed where I didn't even cry, I just try to think of all the good, fun and even hilarious times. I think mum would be proud of me.

And to my geek family - thanks for all of your love, kind thoughts and words. They helped me through those first couple of days when my friends were too shocked to say anything.

X

I checked this thread only this morning to see how you were doing. Lovely to hear that. Your mum will be very proud. Keep smiling xxxx

Misslady - time is a great healer (of course you will never fully be over this happening to your precious mum) but life will be more bearable as each day passes. You'll no doubt have your down days too but that is totally normal, big hugs

My aunty suddenly died of a brain haemorrhage in 2007 only 42 years old, she left a then 16 year old & a then 18 year old behind (my cousins) it's been 6 years now & my cousins are older & are now married & have there own kids etc.. they were so heartbroken (still are I imagine) but I remember a point when the 18 year wouldn't leave the house or eat or anything, gradually she got better & now she says its part of life that's she had to deal with.

What I'm trying to say is it will get easier for you xxx

Last edited:
So nearly a week has passed and now I smile a bit more each day. I don't think that I am over it (how do you get over your mum passing away anyway?) but it's definitely getting easier knowing that mum is in a better place. A few days have passed where I didn't even cry, I just try to think of all the good, fun and even hilarious times. I think mum would be proud of me.

And to my geek family - thanks for all of your love, kind thoughts and words. They helped me through those first couple of days when my friends were too shocked to say anything.

X

You will never get over your parents dying if they have been good parents I think of my dad everyday he died a good age... To cancer.. He was 80 but when he went He may as well have gone when I was 15 I was grief stricken,devastated but it got easier it just does its just the way it is and we shouldn't feel guilty about things when we start to get on with our lives and laugh a bit more or stop thinking about them for a time.It doesn't mean we love them any less.
I kept my dads cardigan and hairbrush and at the moment to the shock of some people he is in his urn under the stairs at my mums and we get him out and have a chat.When my mum goes we will scatter them together.
I see him in my son,the same nose and humour and in my daughter I see my mum who is still with me and so we carry on and hopefully in the right order.

Glad to here your update misslady x

Latest posts

Back