Today................

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Had a really nice elderly lady in today, she has just finished Chemotherapy, it was very touching as the treatment had taken all of her hair as it does.

She had no brows at all, so they needed to be drawn on with a fine outline then micrometer, to measure as you do.

Because of her age I used a mixture of 3D hairstoke and powdering in. the results were good, I carried them out very light as I do with patients like this as she has not had brows for over 2 years, I will then re-asses the situation in 4 weeks.

It was quite tearful, and I said I cannot charge you, she would not leave until she gave me something (just a small contribution to products used)

xxxx

Sounds like you have done your good deed for the day and enjoyed doing so, good for you hun,
you will definitely have a place in heaven :hug:

:hug::hug::hug: to you!

What a nice thing to doxxx:hug:

She had no brows at all, so they needed to be drawn on with a fine outline then micrometer, to measure as you do
Good for you with the charity work. What you give out, you get back tenfold.

Can you explain the above. What's a micrometer?

When you're using a comination of shading and hairstrokes, do you use a darker colour for the hairstrokes to achieve contrast? xxx

I have had another warning now! I should put this on chit chat or something and start a journal....

sorry I call it a Micrometer. its this, Mitutoyo Digimatic Calipers with Absolute Encoder Series 500

I use a digimatic.

well for the whole thing I will use a 4 flat, for the 3D stokes! I will use the rear 2 for this at 45 degrees... for the shading I will twist this 90 degrees using all 4 of the 4 flat needle.

xxxx

I have had another warning now! I should put this on chit chat or something and start a journal....

sorry I call it a Micrometer. its this, Mitutoyo Digimatic Calipers with Absolute Encoder Series 500

I use a digimatic.

well for the whole thing I will use a 4 flat, for the 3D stokes! I will use the rear 2 for this at 45 degrees... for the shading I will twist this 90 degrees using all 4 of the 4 flat needle.

xxxx
Thanks for the info.

Sorry but I don't get how this needs to go in CHIT CHAT as it's about permanent make up. Can one of the mods clarify this for me please?

I totally understand that if you were just coming on here to advertise, then that's not on. We've had a few permanent make up newbie's recently (all the same person in my opinion) and they were obviously on here to do nothing more than plug the company that they work for or maybe even own.

With regard to you not being allowed to mention your name and company, that's unfair. You'll see that the majority of geeks on here shout from the roof tops the name of their business and who they trained with. Why should you be treated any differently? I think it's clear that you're on here to help.

You didn't receive a warning, one of the moderators sent you a nice pm explaining that your post wasn't asking about technical issues, your post was about a client who you didn't charge due to her having no eyebrows after having chemotherapy.

We've had a few permanent make up newbie's recently (all the same person in my opinion) and they were obviously on here to do nothing more than plug the company that they work for or maybe even own.
This is definitely the case Kim, I don't understand why members should want to register under more than one username!

You didn't receive a warning, one of the moderators sent you a nice pm explaining that your post wasn't asking about technical issues, your post was about a client who you didn't charge due to her having no eyebrows after having chemotherapy.

This is definitely the case Kim, I don't understand why members should want to register under more than one username!
Ok Sandi. Fairy Nuff!!!

It's just that I took the thread to be informative as it gave info on what Micropigmentation technique she's used . xxx

As a busy beauty and nail therapist - permanent make-up is on my 'to do' list eventually.

My question is - how many procedures do you get a week? (I know it can depend on how you promote yourself) but is the take up quite good?

Is it very slow to make a name for yourself? (ie a few years or more).

Thanks in advance.

By the way - I think its lovely that you did this treatment free .

As a busy beauty and nail therapist - permanent make-up is on my 'to do' list eventually.

My question is - how many procedures do you get a week? (I know it can depend on how you promote yourself) but is the take up quite good?

Is it very slow to make a name for yourself? (ie a few years or more).

Thanks in advance.

By the way - I think its lovely that you did this treatment free .
I think it's all down to skill and PR. Without the latter, it takes a long time to make it. I love it though and I'm prepared to slog away. xxx

Yes kim is correct, the setup cost is massive... but you have to practice, practice, practice.

Hours grinding away on the dummy skins.

xxx

Latest posts

Back