Toe nail dilemma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiara

Reaction score
Hi there,

I did a gel polish on a girls toenails yesterday and she was telling me about how a few weeks ago she'd banged her big toe and it was lifting and there didn't appear to be any new growth underneath it.

She has messaged me this morning saying this toenail has now dropped off today and can I fix it for her before she goes away on Wednesday?

I explained that there wasn't many options for me to fix it as I couldn't just glue this nail back to her skin and if there wasn't any new growth it doesn't leave me with any options.

She had just text back with the following "There is a tiny nail underneath it's only grown about half way up, You will defo be able to work it xx"

So to be honest I'm a bit confused where to go with this one now, do I squeeze her in to fix it and if there is any growth underneath could i build up a new nail out of acrylic or something?

Many thanks,

Tara xx

Perhaps ask her to send a photo? If there is some nail to work with you can do an extension - either sculpt or use a tip to add a platform then using acrylic or gel you can create the new nail. Keep it thin and flat, no apex for strength needed.

Perhaps ask her to send a photo? If there is some nail to work with you can do an extension - either sculpt or use a tip to add a platform then using acrylic or gel you can create the new nail. Keep it thin and flat, no apex for strength needed.
Thanks for the advice Rachael, I've just replied to her that the only option would be for me to sculpt a new nail but it will require something there nail wise underneath for it to grip on to so I'm just waiting to hear back from her :-/ Xx

Let us know how you get on xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm curious too! I work on toe nails so any new issues addressed would be very helpful.

Hi Ladies, I have just done my first toe nail reconstruction using LCN Pedique Gel. It is amazing my client was very happy with the results, though this was my first attempt and I do need to practice I didn't think it was too bad. She had her toe nail completely removed so there was no nail there, it is stick on using nail glue so will not last long but they can stick back on them selfs. 😊 x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406614777.833540.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406614790.559557.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406614806.076812.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406614819.195788.jpg

Latest posts

Back