Toe Nail Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seductive

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody offers Toe Nail Extensions, I am quite intrestead to know if they are uncomftable to have.

Is it the exact same principle as you fingers, Would it be easier to sculpt as it must be difficult if some one has tiny toe Nails.

This is something I have never done but would be intrestead to find out from thoose who do offer it, If so do you use gel or acrylic.

Thank you

Angela :wink2:

I have always offered it.

I always sculpt.

Nails are nails so yes the principals are just the same but you must be careful of the skin surrounding the toenails which is softer than the skin on the hands.

They are only uncomfortable if you make them too long.

I have worn overlays on my two big toenails for 15 years!!! and if I break a smaller one I sculpt that. My toes have to be perfect!!

I love doing the toe nail extensions, well i overlay the toes in pink and white i have only sculpted if they have broken one, like gigi said its only uncomfortable if they get too long,

They look great and now i can offer themin both gel and acrylic so its great xx

I mostly sculpt if I need to repair a toe nail.... However, if a person has lost a large section of toe nail, I use one of the CND large nail tips which are sold seperately and apply the same as with a finger nail. I do take extra care around the cuticle and one of my requirements is that the client must have them short. They can be very effective though.

Sue x

Perfectly ok, so long as they don't look like these ..... !!!

toenails2.jpg

Ouch, hope she doesnt have to walk very far.

Thank you for your advice

It's something I am going to have a go at this evening, French and quite short.

i tip my clients toes (not too long of course) and they last much longer than finger nails, they never break or chip and they say they are very comfortable!:wink2:

I use gel for toes, I find it much easier than l/p...if there is a corner missing then I sculpt it back out....if there is a missing toe nail almost completely, I sculpt it out (as per Minkus tutorial) using silk and gel...always works for me....I have never put a tip on a toe nail.....

I don't think they should be extended......why would you do that....you couldn't wear shoes!

With my gel toe clients, we start off short as per a normal pedi so they can get a good few weeks growth out of them.

I don't do extensions on toes but I do overlays if there is a corner or particularly short nails or perhaps very ridged nails. If I see toes where a tip has been applied I feel very squeemish.

Brisa overlays on toes is the biz - quick, easy and effective x

i use L&P to overlay toe nails especially when my best friend has picked at them so much! They look perfect and to be honest - i love a manky foot to get my teeth (not literally :twisted:) into and transform them.

I dont use tips just overlays.

Great!

i use L&P to overlay toe nails especially when my best friend has picked at them so much! They look perfect and to be honest - i love a manky foot to get my teeth (not literally :twisted:) into and transform them.

I dont use tips just overlays.

Great!

Snap!! Thanks what I would have said!! It great seeing the transformation!! I also use L&P to overlay & sculpt. :)

oh i just love to do toe nail extensions! this would be my fave thing to do.
people dont realise how nice haveing their toes looking nice makes them feel until they have it done! my fave is french gel toes.

I use gel for toes, I find it much easier than l/p...
I don't think they should be extended......why would you do that....you couldn't wear shoes!

Well I am the opposite and find L&P much quicker than using gel on toes.

Well I am the opposite and find L&P much quicker than using gel on toes.
Variety is the spice of life! And that's just great......I find gel quicker and easier because I apply the paint on white gel with a dotting tool....I find this much easier than doing the white with l/p on such a small area, especially the little toe and I use 2 lamps to speed up the freeze cure and full cure.:hug:

i have done extensions on my own toes and i find that the are very comfortable just as long as they are not toooooo long. besides when i where them it's during the summer when i can where my sandales to show off my petty toes.

I have tried tips and sculpting on toe nails. Sculpting is definately the better option. I have had to sculpt (using liquid and powder) on bitten down toe nails and by following the natural nail direction and keeping them at a conservative length they lasted over 2 months before any lift etc.

Cheers,

G

I haven't done any on clients yet but I did them on myself and they looked lovely for my holiday about 8 weeks ago and they still look good just had to file them down a bit and a little lifting. Just used creative l&p ultra pink and white.

My question is before I start doing them on clients, are they easy to remove?

I was in the bath and my little toe came off taking most of my little toe with it so Im a bit concerned about this happening to clients.

i offer toe acrylics-ive done tips on big toes before but find sculpturing much easier and they last longer..
always look great for those people who has very little nail on there big toes due to ingrowing toe nails etc to have nice acrylic make them look fab in sandals:)

can somebody show some pics of sculpted toe nails.... I just cant imagine it

I always usualy do a gel overlay on toes, so its just like a french polish but obviously lasts longer. clients love it for the summer and get infills/re balance from june till early september! Once had a lady book acrylic extensions on toes but she never turned up on the day?

Latest posts

Back