Toe nail reconstruction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w1nnie

Reaction score
Just want to blow my own trumpet, and say how pleased I was with 2 toe nail reconstructs tonight. Just wished I had taken before and after pics, but the client was thrilled to bits and gave me a big tip :)

Isn't it great when difficult things go really well !

Good for you Winnie! I love it too when it all works out. Builds up the old confidence. We all need it now and again. And a big tip, I got one of them today too! Love it.

Nothing makes me happier at work than having clients compliment me on what I've done. I don't seem to get much of it at home so best to look elsewhere for the compliments. and when you've achieved something difficult, it really gives you a buzz!

I think a toenail reconstruction is one of the most satisfying things I do, and definitely one which clients appreciate the most. I have 3 ladies who regularly come (well about 3 or 4 times a year which is enough to keep their toenails looking good) and i look forward to their visits.

For them, its the difference between being unable to wear sandalsand peep toes, and feeling awkward in the swimming pool, and showing off beautiful (often Shellaced) toenails which attract attention and compliments. Aren't we lucky to be able to provide such a service x

Sounds amazing girls! I don't do nails, but something as rewarding as this makes me wish I did! Sounds very advanced! I love treatments that make a real difference to someone's life.

Sorry but what is a toe nail reconstruction?

Sorry but what is a toe nail reconstruction?

Hazeleyes, I didn't think to ask! I just assumed it was building up a nail in some way! Maybe the geeks could clarify:lol:

It's when the toe nail falls off for any number of reasons and a new one starts to grow back. So you use what tiny nail plate there is to build a proper looking toe nail. Hope that makes sense. In this case she was a runner and her toe nail went black and fell off.

It's usually done by sculpting acrylic.

Wish I had taken pictures, promised myself before she came that I would cos I don't do many of them, but I couldn't be arsed to get my tablet, anyway my pictures are c**p when I take them, so didn't bother.

Thought it was along those lines! Would love to do that! How much training til you get to that point W1nnie?

Wow... Yes I too thought it was something like this! Sounds amazing please do take pics next time!

In my case it's not the training that counts so much it's sheer common sense, and know how. It's just like sculpting a finger nail on a bigger scale.

Well done! I would love to see pictures of this.

I have recently sculpted an nail on a client that had torn half of her nail plate off when she fell over whilst she has hard acrylic nails on (MMA I think). She had to wait a few weeks first until her nail bed had healed a little, but she was so amazed that she had a nail again. Gives you great job satisfaction when you achieve something like this.

Ooooh, I'm getting the nail bug here:lol:

I think a toenail reconstruction is one of the most satisfying things I do, and definitely one which clients appreciate the most. I have 3 ladies who regularly come (well about 3 or 4 times a year which is enough to keep their toenails looking good) and i look forward to their visits.

For them, its the difference between being unable to wear sandalsand peep toes, and feeling awkward in the swimming pool, and showing off beautiful (often Shellaced) toenails which attract attention and compliments. Aren't we lucky to be able to provide such a service x
Hey, I just came across your post and i need your advice. My 2 big toe nails were damaged about 4 years ago and they don't grow at all or very very slowly if that. There's about half a nail on each one but it's yellow thick and just nasty looking. It's not fungus or infected. They just don't grow, personally I think it was when I was younger I used to squeeze my feet into smaller shoes because I have big feet haha. Looking back I wish I hadn't! Anyway lol, what would I ask for when I go to a salon? Toe. nail reconstruction with what products? I just long for perfect looking nails. Pleas reply thank you xx

I've just come across this thread whilst having a browse and it's got me all interested too!

I've heard of toe nail reconstruction. My tutor once told me that it's something worth learning because it can be one of the most satisfying treatments for a client, but also a very good earner.

I'm curious. I have a friend who had to have her toe nail removed after it got badly damaged but to the point where the matrix was damaged too and when it grew back it was really thick and lumpy. It caused her to have really bad pain and difficult my walking so she had it removed by the dr and they did something to stop it growing completely.

Now she just has an empty space where her toe nail used to be.

I'm wondering, for those with A LOT more knowledge than me, could you or acrylic on something like that?

My instinct tell me no, because there's nothing there to adhere the acrylic too....but I thought I would ask anyway!

Thanks for reading!

Another one interested in this thread as I have a client wanting one done in a few weeks before her holiday. She damaged it years ago and now it only grows over 1/4 of the nail bed and what is there is quite ridged. Have done one before but the bit of nail that was there was smooth.

If any of you ladies are in Hampshire or near Fleet, let me know! I have hideous toe nails after ingrowing toenail ops that permanately damaged my toes. I also have psoriasis in my nails and run! A recipe for disaster. I have had hard gel no reconstruction and feel so much better. I have had a reconstruction at the Chiropodist but then had to paint them. I hate my feet!

I think there's a course on this called Wilde pedique.

I love doing toenail reconstructions - so satisfying! This one wasn't super difficult as she'd only lost the corners (through picking!) but was still very happy with the result!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1496939770.567980.jpg

I love doing toenail reconstructions - so satisfying! This one wasn't super difficult as she'd only lost the corners (through picking!) but was still very happy with the result! View attachment 205052
They're awesome!!

Do you put acrylic on all of the toes?

Do you use a tip or form?

Or....some other way?

I'm so interested in this lol

A word of caution your client must come back for regular pedicures as any enhancement on the toe can easily lead to infection due to the damp of wearing closed shoes etc. So I wouldn't use a tip I just sculpt straight into the nail using acrylic. And they must take home fungus drops to apply daily this also makes them more aware of foot nail care more then anything else I think.

Latest posts

Back